Chapter 8:Awaken.

The light shone through the windows in a pleasant orange color as I comfortably sat next to Monika. She let out her hair and took off her jacket, her shoulders looking visibly relaxed, I sighed heavily and sat beside her laying my backpack on the floor. My eyes closed as I smiled contently, Monika took out a piece of paper and began to write a poem of sorts. I leaned over her shoulder and peered at what she was writing.

Omens

I dream, messages invade my peace.

Meanings of every variety, some obvious

Some rather cryptic.

I reach to the dark and the hand it pulls away

I'll soar away

My messages contradicting, conflicting,

Drifting...

I scream in hopes to hear myself to stop the deeds I am doomed to commit.

Never give in to the call of yesterday.

Because now is today

And tomorrow doesn't matter

As long as I'm here with you.

(I wrote that on the spot so sorry if it's bad)

A year gently made it's way down my cheek as I read the emotion filled poem that was this masterpiece. She didn't even have to think to write something as beautiful as this.

"What's wrong Y/N?" Monika asked sweetly. I wiped my eyes and sat down.

"It was just a really nice poem..." I whispered. Monika giggled and reached into her bag. She pulled out a binder and placed her poem neatly in a labeled section that said the literature club 1 and a separate folder with a 2.

Monika leaned into my ear suddenly and positioned herself to whisper something into my ear.

"Today won't be our last, but it may be a while until I see you again. I'll miss you and I hope you can wake up in time." Tears had started to flow gently down her cheeks, which had been affected by the dawn light to look like golden porcelain. She smiled her signature smile and gently wrapped her arms around me.

And began to cough. And sob. And hug me. She squeezed me and gritted her teeth.

"I love you. Please come back to me. I miss you with everything I am. Please.."

"Wake up."

And that I did. My mind feeling an ear piercing crack across my vision and hearing. A searing pain that had locked itself deep within my skull. I collapsed to the ground in pain and held my head. Monika bent over to assist me all while crying her eyes out. Her entire face was red from crying so much.

She Looks So Sad...

More memories flew through my mind. This time not of a different universe but instead memories of Monika. A park, a lake, a beach a house. A marriage.

A n o t h e r e y-

A man, an organization, a gang, the eye

S p e n c e r

A crack of pain flashed before me as that name soared through my head. I fell to the ground and the birds chirping outside as well as Monika's crying was slowly fading away from my range of hearing.

And I opened my eyes. And I woke up, to the classroom. But it was... Slightly different.

I was alone with Yuri. The smell of cupcakes fresh in the air.

T h e t i n g e o f n e w b l o o d

Yuri shut her book and calmly strolled up to me. Her eyes lined up with mine as she got uncomfortably close.

"You play by my rules pookie, and then you will remember." She stated in a semi crazed voice. She followed up her sentence with a monotone intimidating giggle.

"Remember what?" I asked.

She got real close this time and whispered the phrase with her lips gently pressed against my forehead.

"How to hurt me~" Yuri cooed. She pressed against me then bounced off and skipped out of the room gleefully.

I sat at the desk and put a my index finger and thumb on both sides of my nose, closed my eyes, and let out a long sigh.

"Her rules huh? Wonder what this bullshit entails."

I stretched out my arms and walked to the door slowly. I peered into the empty Hall and began making my way down the stairs and to the school's entrance. A buzz sounded in my pocket as I opened the main entrance door. I pulled out a flip phone from my back pocket and read the notification.

A text from Yuri with an attached file.

"Can't wait till you get home~"
I opened the file to a picture of a slice of chocolate cake that has a heart engraved into it. A second picture was of Yuri chewing on a pen. Confused I resumed my walk to my house, I put away the phone and began to think.

Where did I go? Why is Yuri acting this way? Why was Monika crying?

Why does my head sting like it's cut open

Why can't I see straight

Why am I not in her arms

Why am I not running home faster so she doesn't have to wait

I miss her

I am hers

I love her

Fuck. It hurts, I need to be with her. It's hurts so bad, I hate the pain. She can take it away.

What happens next? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z.

So I've been gone for a while and the first thing I want to say is thank you for putting up with my garbage schedule. I've been going through a lot and on top of that school has started so I've been occupied to say the least. THAT BEING SAID, the schedule and rate of updating is going to go up from here. I will always post announcements a few days before the day before and right after I update. If you would like notifications about this follow me and Wattpad will personally notify you of these announcements. I appreciate your absolute patience more than you know. I'm so happy I still have one or two readers and you all mean everything to me.

Thanks for reading. :)