Chapter 11: Tenno

The bacon had a calming sizzle on the pan along with the pancake batter and eggs, all spread throughout the three burners. I smiled as a cute small yawn sounded from the couch and my lover rose from her sleep with ruffled hair and shivered a bit. She straightened out her hair and walked over to the stove with a sweater and shorts on. A sharp pain sounded in both my ribs as her fingers pushed into my sides. I yelled and fell on my ass, I proceeded to look up at Yuri, who was laughing uncontrollably.

"Hey!"I rose from the ground and pushed her playfully, she was still giggling nonstop. I smiled and turned the burner down to a small flame. Yuri's giggling cut short as she grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and pulled me close, her lips gently grazing mine to the point where they were definitely making contact but not fully closed.

"How are...You? How do you feel?" Yuri happily inquired, she parted my lips with a finger and gave me an expecting look.

"I am happy with you by my side, Yuri. I love you." She smiled and pulled our lips together, closing the kiss and sealing our love. I moved our kiss over to the table and she sat down, looking me directly in the eyes with dazzling sparkles and a tint of love. The violent sizzling of the bacon called me and all of my attention to the stove.

I finished the breakfast and brought it over to the table, Yuri smiled happily knowing I put the food on the table despite looking solemnly out of a window on the other side of the room. The eggs steamed as I scooped myself some bacon and toast. Yuri moved her hand across the table and placed it on mine, linking our fingers and stroking my palm, she frowned while continuing to look out the window and hold my hand. I held her hand back and let a concerned smile spread across my face. Yuri turned her gaze towards mine and put a second hand on mine and held it tight.

"Please don't leave me, I love you, I am here for you." She muttered happily with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"I don't deserve how perfect you are, how perfect our relationship seems to be, how beautiful you are in every aspect." I was confused at this point because this doesn't seem to be the first time she was worried about me leaving her. I wonder how I can prove to her that she is perfect.

I wonder...

________________________________________________________________________________

The sound of the air conditioner sounded at the window as the TV continued it's blast of noise from the movie Yuri decided to put on. We sat on the couch relieved that I got the air conditioner working, I lay my tired head on her shoulder and I could feel the tensity of her muscles decline. I sighed and kept watching the movie.

But something didn't feel right.

As much as I wanted to simply sit there and relax my heart was beating a million times a minute. I didn't make any surprising or fast motion I just felt a spike of stress and loss of breath, a bright golden line split across my vision but again,

I didn't move. I simply lay on the couch in immense pain and confusion, I looked to my left and Yuri wasn't there. She was grabbing my arm while standing up with a confused and scared look on her face. I tilted my head in confusion, and when I stood she cowered in fear. I could feel something within brewing and becoming even more impatient to soar out of my body, to awaken. Yuri was on her knees praying now, to some god. I felt bad so I got on my knees and gently hugged her, whispering in her ear:

"Everything is ok, I am here for you. Please do not be sad." At this point, I could feel my voice becoming distorted and started to worry.

: "Wake Up.":

:"Tenno":

My body reeled into the wall and a scream left my throat almost instantly. My eyes saw only white and my body felt only pain. And I sat there, defenseless, to the world around me, with no protection. And as I began to think clearly, my pain began to fade away. And without realizing it I was standing up, perfectly fine. I looked to my hand and saw a pure white in my veins for only second before fading into their regular color. A new voice sounded inside my head, however, this one was different from the others, it felt comfortable and familiar in a way that felt like it was.