Chapter 14: Framework

My base of operations was a large underground network of technology based structures that all connect to each other to form an efficient, safe ,unknown base to carry out out line of work without any worry. With over a hundred structures and 50 entrants into the complex we can fit over 2 thousand members comfortably with supplies that range from food to obscure video games. However a security check is likely going to occur sooner rather than later testing every member and rooting out any rats or moles we have inside the complex so we can stay doing the work that we do,risk free. The driver pulled into the main building, placed in the middle of the entire complex, towering above any other building in the cave. We stepped out of the car and made our way through the glass double doors and stepped into the elevator.

As the elevator rose I looked over the complex through the glass and saw how everything functioned even without my presence. The elevator stopped halfway to the top and my driver stepped out to return to his station, as the doors closed again I began to formulate ideas of what could be the most efficient way to get the mountain of work I had to do using the minds and structure of the complex. My phone buzzed in my pocket, I anxiously took it out to read the notification:

"The observatory room is ready for use, please inspect all notifications and do a routine checkup of the complex as soon as possible."

Coincidentally as I finished reading the elevator stopped at around 75% height. I stepped out and began to walk down the sleek bright hallway, the walls were blue and littered with various logos, it felt like a comfortable place to be, the maintenance floor. Aside from this floor the top floor was the only other quiet, empty place in the building. The occasional janitor or officer would be the only visitor on this floor I had grown attached to, while I could just make it forbidden to check I liked the natural quietness over a forced quiet. On top of that the generator, AC system, heater, and boiler were all on this floor so it wouldn't be smart to not let anyone in.

897653901 was the passcode for my personal dressing room, I punched in the code and the door slid open revealing a comfortable changing room outfitted with a mirror and a crazy variety of clothes, due to my lack of energy I changed into long black socks, short lazy shorts and a tank top. I think the outfit really fit my mood of lazy, tired, and comfy. The floor of the observatory was cold, clear, and black. As the room sensed my presence a bunch of lights powered on and a user interface began to start, a theater like display showed out logo and a progressing bar. All around me things began to power on and the observatory "woke up." I sat on a chair and crossed my legs, tapping my right foot with impatience.

The bar finally progressed to the point of finishing and the systems turned on. The entire complex and every problem,report and camera flickered to life around me. I looked to a holographic green box and began to open it, a list of notifications appeared in front of me as I opened it, reading from plumbing problems to public displays of affection to a faulty food distribution defect. One by one I gave an answer to their problems and went through the list of problems people had. Once I had finished with that I moved over to the plans and began to distribute work loads upon the complex, the framework working in my favor to get this work done as soon as humanly possible. The defense department worked on gathering troop and sharpening their skills for the upcoming event, the information department was sorting through what we knew and finding new information/leads, the stealth department was planning recon and excavation on the scene of where the portal would supposedly appear, and the social division was manipulating the schedule and news to make sure no one else was around when the event occured. I was left with planning and creating protocols for exploration of the new reality I assume the portal will lead us to.

As everything fit into place and was set into motion I left the room and walked back to the elevator slowly, taking in the silence and peaceful sounds of the boiler in the room across, the doors to the elevator opened and I made my way up to the floor second closest to the top. A lot of pleasant chatter and laughs sounded as I walked into the cafeteria, soldiers and researchers alike made jokes and ate together. One thing the people liked to do was stare at me apparently as a lot of the men (and even some of the woman) could not take their eyes off me, I honestly enjoyed the banter as long as it doesn't get out of hand. It never does. The man at the counter greeted me with a smile and handed me my order of a breakfast sandwich, hash browns, a chocolate shake, toast, some bacon and a cup of water. I winked at the girl staring at me, she blushed and flipped out and her male best friend started laughing his ass off which made me smile. My personal admiral saluted me and slipped me a bag before I stepped into the elevator. Me and admiral Jake were great friends due to me training him personally after he struggled with regular courses, and he repaid me by saving my life by sacrificing his left arm, which was now replaced with a prosthetic. I opened the bag and my eyes widened at the prettiest, jaw dropping cupcake I have ever seen, I smiled and made a reminder in my head to thank jake later. The elevator bell chimed and I finally got to the 100th floor, the only other floor besides the maintenance floor that was quiet, and this one was my own. Outfitted with a bedroom, bathrooms, a bar, and a balcony with a ladder hallway leading up to the top.

I looked to my notes and a smile spread across my face, I was so excited to see him again, and repay him for all that he has done for me. And ask one more thing of his kind soul,

to save me.

-------------------------------------------------------
Ok, so this schedule while slightly better than the last one is still kinda bad. I hope I can make longer chapters faster for viewer entertainment because attention span is at an all time low on this site. I'll see you guys next chaoter which should come out early january because the story I'm making for a birthday is coming along nicely. Have a nice christmas everyone! <333333