« Chapter Twenty Five - My Baby »

After the night of festivities, I found myself half hanging off my bed as Thorn lay right smack in the middle, snoring quietly. I groaned loudly, my neck cracking as I got up, the baby dragon shooting up at the sound. I rubbed my eyes, grabbing my clothes for the day and setting off towards the bathroom, tiny claws sounding on the ground as Thorn padded along behind me.

He sat on top of the lid of the toilet patiently as I got ready, getting a shower, magically drying myself with a charm.

"Tea?" Charlie shouted up as I was brushing my hair and putting it into a high ponytail

"Yes please!" I shouted back, smiling as I picked up Thorn like a baby, his wings wrapped around himself like a swaddle.

"Look at our baby, Charlie," I joked, walking down the stairs and when Charlie spotted us he burst out laughing. Thorn made a happy squeak and I grinned, placing my forehead against his as he stretched his neck up to meet me. Charlie came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, placing his head on my shoulder.

"What're you doing?" I questioned, my voice wavering slightly as my face lit up bright crimson.

"I'm tired," he whined, tightening his hold and snuggling his head into the crook of my neck.

"Then you should have went to sleep sooner," I quipped, trying to take the attention off my blushing face.

I could feel him grinning against my skin before he pulled away and placed the two plates of pancakes on the table. I fed Rontu and Thorn and they ate as me and Charlie sat down. I began to get lost in my own thoughts until a question popped up in my head as I began to wonder why I was the one looking after the baby.

"What happened with Thorn's mother?" I asked curiously, gazing at the young reptilian.

"She rejected him, he was the smallest of the batch of eggs so we had to take over," he explained and I nodded. What I couldn't understand is how a mother could abandon her child like that.

"What's on the agenda today, Mr Dragonologist?" I questioned, smiling cheekily.

"Well, Miss Dragonologist, we have the day off," he spoke and I grinned.

"Then what shall we do?" I asked and he stood up grabbing our plates and placing them in the sink.

"I'm going to show you something," he smirked.

"When you said you were going to show me something you didn't tell me it was so far away," I groaned as we hiked up the hill that lay a ways away opposite our cabin. I had a backpack on and inside the back pack held Thorn, only his head poking out of it as he watched the reserve get smaller and smaller as we walked.

"We're nearly there, trust me, it'll be worth it,"

"It better be after this,"

We finally arrived at the top of the mountainous area after ages of sweating and complaining and sore feet and it was most definitely worth it. I audibly gasped, covering my mouth with one hand as my eyes scanned the gorgeous landscape. Luscious green fields spread for miles, coloured cottages inhabiting them. I could see tiny sheep and cows grazing on the grass and basking in the sun but the most beautiful sight of all was the sea. Far off in the distant the orange and yellow hues mixed perfectly with the blue and green where the sun and sea met to create the magical view.

"Wow," I gaped, I turned around to look at Charlie but he was no longer beside me. My eyebrows knitted together in confusion but as I turned to look behind me I couldn't help but think what I was seeing was ten times as perfect as the horizon. Charlie had laid a blanket on the grass and was pulling out little tubs of food. I gazed at him with a love sick grin. His fiery locks flowed as the morning breeze flew through it and his ocean eyes scanned the food as he lay them on the picnic blanket. He turned his head and smiled a swoon worthy smile that made my knees weak.

"Well, come on, sit," he ushered and I blushed, making my way towards him and sitting down. Thorn climbed out of the backpack and began to munch on the raw meat Charlie had brought.

"You didn't have to do this," I smiled, taking a bite of the chicken and pasta mayo salad.

"I know you're missing the twins and everyone so I just wanted you to have some stress free fun," he chuckled, scratching the back of my neck and I lent over, wrapping my arms around him, whispering a quiet thank you. Before pulling away I planted a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Merlin I love you," I whispered without thinking and he looked at me and tilted his head as my face lit up bright crimson.

"Did you say something?" He questioned and my lips clamped shut as I shook my head frantically.

"Okay," he laughed and I sighed, my shoulders falling in relief. I love Charlie!? Oh god, great, just great, I guess my promise that the only boy I'll ever love is Rontu to my dad broke quite quickly. Damn your dreamy eyes Charles Weasley.

"Hey are you okay, you're really hot- I mean temperature! Not that you're not hot- you're gorgeous- but I uh- you know what I'm just gonna shut up," He rambled and I burst out laughing, him soon following but our fun was cut dead. (Pun intended ;|)

"Maddie!" I heard a familiar voice shout and my head snapped towards the source of the sound and as soon as I saw Harry I ran towards him as fast as my legs could carry me and wrapped him in my arms.

"Maddie," he spoke again and my eyebrows knitted together in confusion as I saw the tears run down his face.

"What's wrong," I asked, concern lacing my voice.

"It's Cedric," he stated hesitantly and my heart began to race as my worry grew.

"What about Cedric, what's wrong with him, is he okay!?"

The wails of the heartbroken woman were heard for miles, crying out for her friend that was taken from her, grief suffocating her as she blamed herself for not being there.

Well seen as y'all wanted me to update and I'm almost finished the next chapter I decided to upload this one and I'll post the next one tomorrow when I finish :)

- BloodEclipseWolf