Chapter One- The Chills

Through the tears and pushing back the fear I drove farther and farther, now pushing 180 mph on the highway every now and then casting a quick glance in the rear view mirror. All I could think was "Get away now!" About an hour later I was 3 states away from that place and I could finally breathe again. I stopped by the nearest gas station filled my tank and continued driving until it was dark and I could no longer keep my eyes open I found myself about an hour away from New Jersey. I pulled off the highway and got out to stretch my legs I drank some water and got ready to drive the final hour.

                                                                              ~~~~~

     As I pull into the hotel's parking lot I notice the motel is suspiciously empty there are no cars outside. I shrug it off and pull into a spot around back. As I walk up to the main entrance I notice the hotel has a rustic look to it, there are a few letters missing from the sign. I head into the lobby and was greeted by this old creepy looking man, his smile sent chills down my spine.

          "Hello there, welcome to the pink motel, how may I help you?" The creepy man said.

          "Hi, A room for one please." I said

          "Okay, what is your name, beautiful?" he said sizing me up

     Did he.... oh no he didn't.

          "First of all my eyes are right here, have a little more respect, and second of all, my name is Ember Winters, and I will only be staying for one night."

          "That will be $80.54 ma'am" he said softly

          I handed him a hundred dollar bill.

          "Room 200" he said handing me my room key and my change.

     I grabbed my bag and went to find my room.

     Entering the room I lay out a change of clothes for bed and a change of clothes for my journey tomorrow. It's going to be a really busy day. I lay my bag on the table mere inches away from the foot of the bed and head into the bathroom. The smell of chlorine is so strong it's nauseating. I turn on the shower and let it run while I brush my teeth. I unzip my sweater and flinch at the newly formed scar. I try not to remember the horrific events that lead to the mark so I begin unbraiding my long hair that was tucked under my baseball cap. I realize I didn't grab my shampoo and conditioner, so I walk out into the room again to grab my bag. Retrieving my bag and heading back into the bathroom I finish undressing and hop in the shower allowing the hot water to soothe my muscles and run through my hair.

                                                             ~~~30 minutes later~~~

     After my shower I leave the bathroom and head to the table. I pull out a piece of paper and begin making my schedule for tomorrow.

                                                                              To-Do List

                                                                      1. Buy a new phone

                                                          2. sell my car and buy a new one

                                                                        3. House shop

                                                                     4. Get a makeover

     With that I get up and pack all my belongings, and head to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Authors Note: 

I would greatly appreciate feed back on this book. It would help tremendously to know your opinions about the book so I know what I have to improved on. Other then that, I have a few chapters of this book done already and I have been working on multiple chapters when I'm not working, so if you guys like it then I would love to keep posting new chapters. For right now my set days off are Thursdays so i think that is when I am going to post new updates.I hope you enjoy this chapter!