Chapter Seventeen- The plan

It's been weeks since Austin and I had that heart to heart, But now he won't say a word to me. He doesn't stay in the house when he is not working, and he won't look me in the eyes when we are working. I sigh and finish up the paperwork I have been working on for over an hour. The thought of him not talking to me has been heavy on my mind.

After work, I head home. Since I drove myself to work this morning, I didn't know if he would be home or not. I get into my car and pull out my phone and text him.

Me: Hey can I ask you something?

As I wait for a response I text Russell.

Me: Meet me tomorrow

Russell: My place ;)

Me: Not a chance Douchebag. My house at 4 to discuss this package we should be transporting within the next few days, and who is doing the run. I have someone in mind and I don't care what you think about it.

Russell: Okay. I like that you can take control

Me: Bye asshole.

With that I lock my phone and head inside. I walk in and the house smells so good. I head to the kitchen to see Austin making dinner. I silently walk to the fridge to grab a water bottle. He looks at me but doesn't say anything. "Hey" I say but he doesn't answer. I sigh and head upstairs to take a shower.

After about an hour later I hear a knock on my bedroom door. "Come in" I call but no response. I get up out of bed and head to my door. There is a tray of food sitting on the floor. I pick it up and head back into my room. After eating I decided to try again. I change into my swimsuit, grab a towel and head for the door. I walk to Austin's room and knock on the door. "Hey I am going for a swim, I would like it if you would join me." No response I knock again. "I am going to open the door, say something if you don't want me too, or your not decent." Nothing. I open the door to find him with his back to me sitting by the desk his head in his hands shuddering. I walk up behind him and place my hand on his back. "What is wrong, why have you been acting like this, please talk to me," I say in a calm hushed concerned voice. He just shakes his head and shrugged my handoff. I sigh. "Do you want me to leave?" I ask and he shakes his head. "Okay, do you want to talk about it?" He shakes his head. I throw my towel over the nightstand and sit on the corner of his bed in silence. When he is ready he will talk. We sat there for hours until he started to doze off, I walked over to him and helped him into his bed. After tucking him in I turn around to go take his place in the chair but he grabs my wrists and pulls me back. "What's wrong?" I ask, he justs pats the spot next to him. I sit down and he shakes his arms around my waist holding me tight, I run my hand up and down his arm until he starts to fall asleep. We stay like that for a while until I think it is safe enough for me to get up without him waking. I get up and head for the door. "Ember wait," he says in a barely audible voice. "Please stay," he says. I nod. "I'll be right back it will only take two seconds I promise.' He nods and starts to doze off. I change into some warm pajamas and grab a couple of quilts and a pillow. I head back downstairs and set up camp by his bed.

~The next day~

It's currently 4'oclock and this is the time I was supposed to meet Russell. As I am waiting for him to arrive I go through the plan all over again. A few minutes later he is walking into the house with the uttermost confidence to which I roll my eyes.

" Took you long enough," I said.

"Awe baby cheeks you missed me"

"You wish. Let's get this over with. I want to make this clear and I don't care what you think or say about it."

" Look. I want to hear who you have in mind but if I don't trust this person it's not happening. It's my business and what I say goes."

" I am running it."

He looks at me like I have 95 heads.

"Are you crazy, No fucking way" He shakes his head "You are insane if you think that you are running that package, its a huge deal and I am not allowing you to fuck that up."

"Okay, so you run it," I said with a smug smirk.

"Honey I am not a runner, You are nuts if you think either one of us is running."

"May I remind you half of this business is mine too. I want you to run this package or the deal is off." I said standing my ground.

We fight a little longer about it but he finally caves in. "I'm not running it but you can." He says. "But, on one condition."

I smile "What's that?"

"You must take Austin with you"

I take a deep breath and nod my head.

We finalize the plans and after numerous attempts of kicking him out, he finally leaves. I head upstairs and start packing, it's going to be a long trip.

After I finish packing I hear the front door close and I rush down the stairs almost falling. "Hey! WAIT! We need to talk" I say

"If it's about the trip, I know," He says and continues walking. "And if it's about last night I don't wanna talk about it."

I sigh and head back upstairs.

~Weeks later~

"Stephanie Boyle, I thought I would never see you again" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note: I know, I know, I took long to publish this, and I am sorry. I have been busy with my SCAPS, and other school things, plus work, and I had a mean case of writers block, but I am back and I am so ready to publish more. I hope you guys enjoyed It took me so long to write.

P.S: What do you think is going to happen?