Snow in Orlando

Author's Notes: Sequel to Noh Mask and part 2 of my Yuugen series. If you haven't read Noh Mask, you might want to before reading this or some things might not make sense. Anyways I wanted to post this before Christmas, even if it isn't specifically Christmas-themed (and though I'm not 100% sure if what I've written is good or utter crap). This fic hasn't been beta read, simply proof read and edited by me, so sorry in advance for any mistakes.

Ojamashimasu is said when entering someone else's home to show respect.
Sailor Senshi is the Japanese name for the popular anime/manga Sailor Moon. Hanetsuki are badmintons that often feature beautifully painted paddles and colorful shuttlecocks. And Koteshi dolls are handcrafted wooden dolls of simplistic design and given to children like totems of protection. Some of these dolls date back many centuries.

italics = thoughts

bold = emphasis on wordsitalics in quoted words = spoken English

_________________________________________________________________

"I was expecting to see rainbows everywhere," Shinsuke commented. Asuka blushed to the roots of her head and he laughed. "So I may still see them?"

She and Shinsuke were enjoying their first day off from the road since becoming a couple. It was the first time they weren't surrounded by countless people at work or worrying that someone would discover them rooming together. And it was the first time that either one of them had been inside the other's abode.

Upon entering her home, removing his shoes, and saying a customary "Ojamashimasu," Shinsuke swept his eyes over the simplistic furnishings and decoration of her living room. The only thing overly elaborate was her entertainment system.

"This way is the kitchen," she evaded his inquiry about rainbows and led him to the adjoining room. It was pretty spotless, every pan and utensil its place. Though that was due to the fact that she was rarely home enough to use any of them.

He poked his head into her fridge, appearing to take stock of the contents. "Oh, red wine~ Are you planning to get me drunk and have your wicked way with me?" he waggled his brows jokingly at her.

"Or make you tell me all your embarrassing secrets," she grinned, placing her hands on her hips. Really she had planned a picnic, but he didn't have to know that just yet.

"I'll have to keep an eye on you then," he mumbled and left her fridge alone.
Asuka led him down a hallway and showed him the bathroom next, then her office/studio room, and then her guest room.

But as she neared her bedroom she began to dilly-dally a bit.

At first, she decided to not show him her room at all – not until she made it look less embarrassing.

No, I'm going to show him. She wasn't about to change, even to impress a man like Shinsuke Nakamura.

Now she wasn't quite so sure of herself.

"What's the matter?" Shinsuke asked.

Her hand inched towards the doorknob, then pulled back, fidgeting with her other hand. She could hardly face him. "Just don't laugh, okay?"

"Whatever it is, I'm not going to laugh," he promised.

When she still didn't move to show him her room, he twisted the doorknob and invited himself inside.