Chapter 3 - Digging Deep

Mina followed as Jeongyeon and Nayeon moved to the corner opposite where the others are.

"I handle questions but you can add in extra ones okay?" Jeongyeon instructed her.

"Copy"

"Your name is Im Nayeon. A university professor. That's pretty much all we know." Jeongyeon started

"What do you need to know?" Nayeon asked.

"Where do you teach?" Jeongyeon

"Seoul National"

"Living family?"

"Many. But I live alone."

"Boyfriend?"

"Lesbian." Nayeon said dryly. "Oh and no. I'm single"

"Favorite color?" Mina looked up at Jeongyeon's next question. Is she flirting. Are you fucking serious?

"Sky Blue." Nayeon slowly replied

"Wanna go ou- OW DR MYOUI THAT HURT!" Jeongyeon exclaimed as Mina hit her on the back of the head.

"Survive now. Flirt later... Or... whatever you like... doing." Mina huffed at the two.

"Right. Back on topic. Have you had any physical confrontation with anyone?" Jeongyeon queried.

"Not on my life no. I've had school rivals as a student, but never to the point of physical fight."

"Have you ever held a gun before?" Jeongyeon asked seriously.

"Does airsoft count? Cause we did a lot back in college." Nayeon replied.

"Any recent accidents or incidents you're involved in?"

"No."

"Okay. That's all I can ask. Mina do you have anything to add?"

"Nayeon when Jeongyeon said incident. You seemed to be avoiding something. Please. Tell us what we need to know."

"I- I was almost raped once. I managed to kick my assailant in the balls and ran away. Ever since I started carrying tasers everywhere." Nayeon looked down. "I've recovered now. But yeah that's pretty hard to forget."

Jeongyeon reached out to Nayeon's shoulders and squeezed it.

"No further questions" Mina finished. "I'm glad you got away when you did."

"Yeah."

They both hugged Nayeon.

"That's all. You can go now. Pick anyone of them and tell them to come here. Thank you Nayeon" Jeongyeon instructed. And Nayeon walked back to the rest.

"What do you think?" Mina asked Jeongyeon.

"I think she's telling the truth. But that still doesn't leave her off the list of suspects. At this point we are all suspects. We're just information gathering." Jeongyeon replied.

"Right."

They were interrupted when Dahyun plopped down on the floor in front of them. She looks like her energy was drained from her. Her paleness adding to that effect.

"Kim Dahyun. Musician. Cover artist." Jeongyeon evaluated.

"What instruments do you use?"

"Piano. Sometimes the guitar. I sing a lot. Rap too."

"Any living family?"

"Yep but they're all back home. I live alone in Seoul."

"Any physical confrontation you have had before?"