Chapter 7 - Finding a way

The room was drowned in deafening silence once again. Everyone just digesting everything they learned. It was a very small thing. But knowing that they were being watched by someone and being watched by people around the world are two completely different things.

"Do they even know that what they're watching is real?" Sana asked to no one in particular.

"I don't know. Some of them maybe are aware. And some think it's some T.V. show or something. After all, we're nobodies." Jihyo replied. "Except maybe Tzuyu there." She added

"Considering I'm not really that famous, I don't think they recognize me that much" Tzuyu jumped in.

"We need to fucking get out of here." Jeongyeon spoke for a while. Nayeon was tracing circles on the small of her back. Trying to prevent her from going to panic mode if ever.

"Well yeah. But didn't HE say there's no way out?" Nayeon questioned.

"Maybe he just said that to keep us playing his twisted game?" Chaeyoung proposed.

"Last I checked the walls were solid metal." Jeongyeon said. "But you could be onto something, kid. The way the walls where the package was stashed opened when it did. It gives me hope there's some locking mechanism we haven't found." She continued.

"Kid?" Chaeyoung whispered to Mina, sounding a little offended. Mina just shrugged teasingly in reply. "Maybe we should check each wall just to be sure?" She spoke out loud this time.

Everyone agreed, and they went by pairs. Jeongyeon with Nayeon on the Eye side. Jihyo with Tzuyu on the Ear side. Sana and Dahyun to check on the Mouth side. And Mina and Chaeyoung checking the Hand side where they found the care package.

"Uhm before we separate. We were kinda in a spot before where all we could think was survive. But... Do you guys managed to keep something within your person?" Mina asked everyone.

Everyone checked their pockets... and found none.

"OOH! I remember something!" Dahyun exclaimed and got everyone's attention. She sat down and removed her shoes.

"A-HA!" She exclaimed as she got out... a Zippo lighter. "Here you go." everyone was dumbfounded.

"Why do you have a lighter?" Chaeyoung asked as she took it. Dahyun blushed.

"I'm... a smoker. In secret. Hehe" She said, red as a tomato.

"Hot." Sana mumbled but everyone heard. "What? Don't judge my preferences." She said as she pulled Dahyun away from the rest.

"Well... I guess we'll use this to look inside that hole." Mina said.

"We've no time to dally, we don't know how long our breaks are before those walls move again." Jeongyeon reminded everyone, suppressing her shudder.

"Let's move." Jihyo ordered.

Mina and Chaeyoung

Mina and Chaeyoung stared at the square hole and looked at each other.

"I don't think I can fit in that hole." Mina told Chae. Chaeyoung snorted and giggled a little. Mina cuffed Chae in the head. "Mind out of the gutter, Chaeng! I didn't mean it like that."

"Okay." Chaeyoung snorted. "Seriously though. We're not really gonna crawl up there."

Chaeyoung lit up the lighter and looked at what was possibly beyond.

"Woaaah" Chaeyoung said. "It's like... a tunnel."

"Let me see" Mina said as she took the lighter and looked as well. "You're right. It's more like... a ventilation shaft that looks like it goes around." She said as she looked to the left.