" That sharpie was going to defend you ? "

Summary; Zendaya and Harrison are childhood friends and now sharing an apartment in college.
Tom is one of Harrison's best friends.

❄️

Song: 'modern love'
by David Bowie

❄️

| third person |

❄️

It was late an night, when Zendaya was seated on her bed as her fingers held her head from falling down.

She wanted badly to sink into a deep sleep and let her tired eyes shut down and give her a break from seeing her reality.

But despite her awful tiredness, she decided to stay up and wait for Harrison to come back.

It might sound a little odd, but she can't be alone in a house when she's sleeping Because she's afraid that something bad will happen when she's deep into a long slumber.

Suddenly Zendaya jolted up in fear as she heard a sound of a glass falling on the floor and breaking into pieces.

That's exactly how horror movie start, and she already thought about how she's going to die in college. Which terrifies her especially as she knows she won't be remembered by a single soul.

She cracked the door open, and grabbed a sharpie from her desk, slowly walking towards the living room to see a brown haired guy she has never seen before.

"Excuse me?" Zendaya blurted out, trying her hardest to sound threatening.

Tom's head whipped around to face a horrified girl, holding a sharpie in front of her.

And he couldn't help but smile.

"I'm so sorry for sneaking like that into your place and breaking a glass" he said awkwardly looking down at the floor, and back up at her.
"I'm a friend of Harrison's, he gave me a key. you must be his roommate" he finished bringing up his hand for her to shake.

"I'm Zendaya" she said kindly, whilst shaking his hand.

"That sharpie was going to defend you in case I was a serial killer?" Tom asked, motioning to how I held it in front of me earlier.

"Just-. Let's ignore that shall we?" She asked rhetorically before heading towards the kitchen to clean up the mess.

"I'm serious, what would you do with it? Throw it at me?" Tom teased, going after her.

"I will actually poke your eye out if we'll keep talking about it" she said jokingly before cleaning up and grabbing two cups .

"A drink?" She asked

"A coffee would be great" he said happily before falling on the couch whilst sighing.

"So, why did Harrison give you the keys?" Zendaya asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"My roommate went to a party, and he'll probably bring back some girl, and you know.." Tom said awkwardly, earning a smile from the brunette.

Their eyes locked for a second which made his heart go wild before she went back to brewing coffee.

"You know, I was actually hoping to have some company. Don't get me wrong, being alone is not a bad thing, you learn to love yourself and embrace who you are. It's just, I missed talking to people" Out of the blue Zendaya opened up. Tom smiled softly, as his eyes shone, he already admired her.

"You are a really down to earth person" Tom said, making her let out a little chuckle.

"You just met me" she reminded, raising her eyebrows with a smile.

"Well, That is still true" he replied before gratefully grabbing the coffee she made for him.

And after that, without knowing, the best night of their lives started.

❄️

Hey fellows!
This chapter is pretty short cause in the middle I had this writers block ):
Please send me requests for chapters, I have no ideas and I need help <3
Lots of love,
N