CHAPTER THREE

Aniya wasn't sure where this sudden outgoing personality was coming from

Aniya wasn't sure where this sudden outgoing personality was coming from. As she spoke to Emily, and even as far as showing her drawings, except for the one of she drew of her, since it would probably freak her out.

To say Emily Young was shocked to see not only her fiancé but the entire pack, realistically drawn by a stranger she just felt a pull towards, was far from an understatement. It took Emily a moment to realize she often saw this female with Jacob at the Rez a while back before he phased. It was a week before she was suddenly in the world of the wolves, that she would often see her and Jacob hanging out.

Besides, the Rez had the habit of talking about the latest gossip and Aniya was not spared from it. Though she was saddened to learn they were not friends, and even had heard relief remarks from Jacob that she wasn't his imprint. Which she knew was a lie, because every time he said it, his gaze was so far away.

Jacob was just so caught up on Bella Swan and was so blind to see how toxic it was just being with her since she made it clear she was not going to cut herself off with the cold ones. She was going to become one of them, that was what Emily already could see. Bella was never going to become one of the wolf girls.

"Do you just think of them and draw?" Emily asked and Aniya froze slightly at her question. She didn't know what possessed her to say her next words, especially since she was so insecure about where they come from

"You might think it's strange, but-" She leaned forward," I dream about them all the time, and I know they are real-I probably sound crazy, but I just know" She said softly as her eyes brighten proudly," That they are not dangerous, they are-like protectors"

Emily held back a gasp at Aniya's words, the way her eyes looked, was enough to say she was definitely different, and so accepting of the wolves.

Unrelatedly of her not being an imprint, she felt the strong connection she might just have with them all.

She pondered on how Aniya could even connect to them, but all she was left with was unanswered questions," That's actually amazing" was all Emily said not knowing what else she could say that would reveal anything about the tribe. She knew her answer was probably not what Aniya wanted, but she was in an enigma.

Aniya on the other hand joyfully accepted the answer," Thank goodness, I was worried you'd think I was crazy-" She laughed and then looked down to the book," I'm hoping that my dreams will stop being so vague and just tell me why this is happening" She confessed as she looked at Emily," Thank you for listening to my rambling-I would have told my friends, but lately they had been so caught up with there boyfriends, that I'm just kind of there"

Emily's heart broke to her words as her face fell unconsciously," I'm so sorry to hear that"

Aniya put on a smile and shook her head," It doesn't bother me, Juliet is one of my friends names-She's always been there for me when we where little, and just seeing her happy makes me happy" Once Emily heard the name, she felt sadder now connecting it all, that her friends must have included Maya, which meant the imprints of Seth and Embry.

Then and there, Emily thought of how cruel the world might be for Aniya who was oblivious to it all. She was so close but also very far, she had a glimpse of their existence but she would probably never know.