Chapter 17

A/n: I'm so sorry for not updating! Unfortunately, I'm experiencing writer's block right now. I'm hoping to recover it soon, because I really do want to give out well-written chapters to you all!

✐ ✎ ✐ ✎

Chapter 17

(Y/n)

Her (h/l) hair scattered on the floor. Her (h/c) strands have collected tiny glass shards—giving her hair a low spark in the morning sun that emitted from the east window.

The indistinct chattering and strong smell of bark made her come to her consciousness. Her hands were so heavy, that when she tried to lift it up, the air felt like a thick cloud. Her eyes kept forcing themselves down when she tried to open them, but she knew she was awake. But she felt nothing. And she was afraid the pain was going to kick in anytime soon.

"(Y/n)!" a voice muffled in her ears. "(Y/n)!" they yelled again, but clearer this time.

She quietly groaned and opened her eyes. The dirty ceiling was the first thing she saw—the sun light accenting every texture that has been just recently ruined. Her eyes averted to the person standing on top of her, focusing on their face.

She saw Hannah, but barely. The burning sensation on her temple made it impossible for her to keep her eyes open. She could feel a thick liquid trailing down her cheeks, and heavy breaths escaped her lips.

After her mind took a moment to concentrate, a wave of unpleasant recent memories flashed through her. Daniel...! she panicked.

"H-hey, easy...," Hannah soothed, and went on her knees. "We're getting you to the hospital right now."

(Y/n) weakly put her hand on her temple, feeling a sharp pain scratched her hand. The texture felt like glass, and the thought of a shard piercing her head made her heart briefly stopped.

Hannah gently removed (Y/n)'s hand away from her injury with a gentle grimace. "Don't touch that," she said gently.

"Hannah," (Y/n)'s voice shook. "Where are the others? Where's Daniel?" she said, low and rasp.

Hannah stroke the girl's hair with a troubled expression. "Daniel... He's—" She gulped. "—we cant find him."

(Y/n)'s stomach lurched.

Ingrid bursted in the room and looked at (Y/n), who was lying in the ground. "There! Hurry, Anders!" she said.

Anders ran to (Y/n) and huffed out a concerned sigh. "I'm going to carry you, okay?"

She tried her best to nod, but the glass shard stopped her from moving her head.

Anders lifted (Y/n) with a grunt, and the height made her see the catastrophe that was caused by Daniel. She searched for the others, but none were seen except for Holden, Merrill and Big Joe on the ground. Holden... Bastard.

Now feeling the presence of the glass on her temple, she tried to gather her composure before hesitantly touching her wet cheek. She looked at her hands, and a keen red filled her eyes.

When Anders stepped outside, a breeze swift pass her. In the distance, she could see two trucks, one looked familiar—the work truck. A body lie on it, accompanied by a worried Jacob. The other truck has other bodies on them—hopefully Finn and Cassidy's.