𝐈𝐌𝐆.𝟎𝟓

— 📷 —

— 📷 —

IMG.05 - DIAMOND

THE DOOR CONTINUED to abused by the impatient character behind it, forcing her to abandon the glow of her grey vanity and rush towards the door. "i'm coming! i'm coming! just wait a minute!" she huffed, the keys dancing in her hand as they stubbornly kept the door locked.

pushing the darkened blonde key through the keyhole, she soon found the outside world flooding her apartment with the morning's blushing light, washing in the figure of taehyung. "taehyung? what are you doing here so early?" puzzled the younger, still struggling to hook the diamond earring into her piercing.

his choked silence only grew an unnerved sensation in the crater of her stomach, accompanied by the drained pigment that inhabited his eyes. "tae? is everything alright? you look exhausted."

"exhaustion is the least of my worries right now. my main problem is that you took jungkook to café de arquette when lea was working there." he spoke. speech stained with a coarse layer that dragged harshly against her senses. violet breathed, knowing that she should have seen this event tumbling towards her like a landslide. "look i didn't mean to bring him there. really. he said he wanted to go to this specific café and only did i learn that he was talking about arquette when we got there. before i could convince him to go somewhere else, lea came and took our order... but i'm sure you already know what happened next."

he scoffed, only further illustrating him into a stranger in her eyes. taehyung had never been like this before.

"yeah, pretty much from what lea told me. she warned you, just the same as i did, but you went as far to protect him." arms folded, usurping the authority in the room. "violet, this is no time to be stubborn or headstrong. you're being oblivious to everything laid out in front of you. stop playing with fire."

"i'm not playing with anyone or anything." the words left a stinging flare in her chest. "i'm just doing my job and using this opportunity to get myself known. and so what? it's illegal to be nice to someone else, especially my boss? taehyung, you need to understand that i'm perfectly capable of being independent. you don't need to constantly be in my business!" she snapped.

she watched him almost recoil by the force of her words, her heavy breath filling up the suffocated space.

"oh? independent huh?" the man questioned sceptically, as if he didn't believe her.

she nodded.

"so you're telling me you can protect yourself from someone like jungkook? a sociopath? an abuser?"