The Monster

Natsu's POV:
I inched closer and closer to Lucy's face, hoping that I could touch her lips once again. It's been months since the last time we shared a kiss, and I've been dying to do it again.
I could almost feel her lips against mine. My heart was beating out of my chest. I was so excited to share the first kiss with Lucy in what seemed like forever. Suddenly, Lucy put her hands on my shoulders and pushed me away. I looked into her brown eyes, confused at what had just happened.
"Natsu, I cant," Lucy said, sitting up. Tears welled up in my eyes.
"I've only known you for a month or so. I don't know what relationship I had with you before, but I haven't developed feelings for you yet."
"Can you at least try to remember our relationship?" I asked, a bit frustrated.
"I wish it were that easy." Lucy said. "But ever since I lost my memory, everything's back to square one. I'm sorry, but whatever you think of me as, I don't think of you as yet." It took me a minute to realize that Lucy was right. She can't change the past. Her memory has been lost, and I just had to accept that. I swallowed hard and stood up.
"I'm sorry," I said. "But I need some alone time right now." I turned my heel and walked out into the woods.
"Natsu, wait!" Lucy called. Ignoring her voice, I continued to walk deeper into the forest. I needed time to think and process this. Although I've had about a month to do so, it was still extremely hard to process that Lucy's memory was not coming back no matter how bad I wanted it too.
I continued to walk farther and farther into the forest until I reached a blue creek. I crouched down beside it and tossed a flat rock in. It skipped about two times before it sunk to the bottom. I sighed and fell on my back, looking up at the cloudy, blue sky. It was oddly windy, and the clouds were moving fast across the sky. I closed my eyes as the breeze brushed across my face. After relaxing for a moment, I sat up, gathered a handful of water, and splashed it on my face. I needed to clear my mind and relax. All of the problems relating to Lucy were stressing me out, and I really needed to calm down for a minute. I crossed my legs and closed my eyes, trying to clear my mind and relieve the stress.
"What am I doing?" I asked myself aloud, opening my eyes. "This is stupid. Meditating isn't really my thing." I got up and looked around. This island sure is bigger than it looks. I looked up at the sky again and noticed a cloud that looked similar to Lucy. I smiled, then frowned.
"Dang it, Lucy!" I yelled, angrily tossing a rock in the water. "Why did you have to lose your memory!?" Suddenly, I heard the leaves rustle on the bush behind me. I whipped my head around to see what was going on.
"Nani?" I said. "Who's there?" A figure emerged from the bush. I prepared a fireball and got into a fighting stance.
"Who are you?" I said.
"I see you are stressed out about something." The figure said.
"So? Was this ever your business?" I snapped.
"Actually, it was my business." The figure said, stepping out of the shadows. I gasped.
"I'm Asahi Lorance, the farmer who gave you the job offer." Asahi said, smiling.
"W-wait, why are you on Tenrou Island?"
"I wanted to give you your prize for completing the job I wanted you to complete."
"I don't recall ever finishing that." I replied, cocking an eyebrow. "The whole explosion things kinda ruined that."
"Actually, it's more of a negotiation than a prize." Asahi said. "I am willing to give you one million jewel." My eyes widened. One million jewel?
"However, I must have something in return." Asahi finished.
"Nani?" I cocked an eyebrow again.
"Hand over Lucy Heartfilia and I'll give you your million jewel." My heart skipped a beat.
"Lucy Heartfilia?" I said, my voice lowering to a dark, scary tone. Asahi nodded, flashing a devilish grin.
"I will have to turn down that offer." I said. Asahi sighed and brushed his spiky, jet black hair back with his fingers.
"You wish to defy me, eh?" He asked.
"I wouldn't give up Lucy for the entire world," I said.
"You should learn your place, boy." Asahi raised his voice. "NOBODY DEFIES THE GREAT ASAHI LORANCE!!" His body began to light up. The power of the light became so bright, I couldn't see. I closed my eyes, my head stinging from the power of the light. Once the light vanished, I opened my eyes to see Asahi dresses in strong, shining armor. I sensed much more magic power radiating from him than I did before. I glanced into his blood red eyes. The eyes of a monster.
"You will soon learn your place, boy." Asahi said in a booming voice. "I summon thee, Earthquake!" I gasped. What was going on? Who was this? Under the body of Asahi Lorance is a true monster. This monster is hungry, and Lucy, Happy, and I are his main course.

Lucy's POV:
I was walking back to camp alone that afternoon. I couldn't help but think about Natsu and how heartbroken he was. That look in his eyes made my heart hurt. I know it must've been hard for him to hear those words come out of my mouth. I can only imagine what it felt like. I'm truly sorry, Natsu. I wish things were different.
Suddenly, a blue cat jumped out from the bush. Startled, I jumped back and prepared to Lucy kick something.
"Relax Lucy. It's me."
"Oh, Happy." I sighed with relief. "Where have you been?"
"Fishing at a creek I found." Happy answered, holding up a bucket filled with fresh fish. "Where's Natsu?"
"He went off on his own. He was really upset and needed some alone time." I said. "I don't know exactly where he is, though."
"Oh, okay." Happy said. "He knows where camp is. Let's go." As Happy and I continued, the ground began to shake.
"What the heck?!" I said.
"Is this an earthquake?" Happy suggested. Suddenly, a scream pierced through the sky, rattling my eardrums. My eyes widened. Natsu?

Hey, NaLu shippers. If you enjoyed this chapter, be sure to vote and comment! More to come, so stay tuned!
-imChrissy1307