Prolouge

Richard Elias Falderrega

"Where are you going?" i asked my wife who's already wearing her office attire, getting ready to leave the house.

"Off to the office.. Isn't obvious Mr. Falderrega?" she coldly answered my question with empty eyes.

We got married even though she doesn't want to, I agreed on this set up coz I want to. She doesn't like nor love me from the start.

She's literally cold ever since, she's just smiling whenever our both families are in front of us. Most of, when her nephews and nieces are here. She love kids, but we never ended up on that stage.

She didn't agree on that. She even told me in front of our parents that she doesn't like to have kids with me, because she'll never give me a chance to even touch her.

"Let's go then.." i stood up and fixed my suit, ready to take her to the office.

She rolled her eyes and stopped me. "No thanks. I already told the driver to drive me there." she said then walked out of our room.

"Okay lang yan, sir.. Darating ang panahon at matututunan din kayong mahalin ni ma'am.." our mayordoma said and tap my shoulder.

I nodded.. "Thanks, manang" i murmured.

I always gaggled when we're in front of everybody. Her position is higher than me at the company called VF CORP.

And my wife is the CEO and I'm just somewhere standing with the board directors.

We are almost 4 years married and for that four years.. I felt nothing changed. I still love her.

Although, she doesn't.

I don't have a choice to drive alone on my way to the company. Likewise, some girls followed me with their seductive stares even though they all know I'm already married.

"Son! Finally you're here!" My father exclaimed when he saw me somewhere in the lobby. He's standing in front of the receptionist with Papa Teodoro, my father-in-law.

Kaagad naman ako nagbigay galang bago ako gumanti ng ngiti sa kanilang dalawa. "I was wondering what theme is perfectly suitable for the 5th anniversary of the VF Corp." he asked out of knowhere, well, not really since we've been planning this for quite awhile now.

It's just five years since we built up this successful partnership, leaving the solo business right behind the past. "Should we ask my daughter?" Papa Teo suggested. We nodded, despite my nervous feeling. "Michelle?" he ask the receptionist..

"Yes Sir Teo?" the receptionist replied.

"Please call Creal for me.. Please?" he ask.

"Y-Yes sir.." the receptionist followed nervously. Ow, everyone is scared at her.

"Michelle is still scared at your wife, don't you think?" my dad, Richard Elias Sr. whispered at me.

"Well, all of us.." i honestly answered.

"Ma'am?" we all face Michelle. "Y-Your father asked you po to get down here at the lobby, ma'am.." i can feel like she's shaking right now. She shut her eyes, as if the other line is shouting. "Sir Teo? Kakausapin daw po kayo.." then she gave the line to Papa Teo.

"Creal?" his eyebrow is almost in a bawrl. "Just get down here. Can't you even spare your dad a mere minute?" he slowly asked his daughter.

"Kayo nalang ang pumunta dito! I'm busy!" i heard the other line!

She's really a megaphone or something!

"Creal Mae! Get down here or else you're going to give me a grandkid." my eyes literally form into a circle because of what i heard. Coming from my father in law? Seriously?!

"Teodoro..calm down" my dad calmed him down.

He gave the phone back to Michelle and said thank you afterwards.

"What did she say, 'pa?" i ask him.

"She's coming.. Kahit kelan talaga yung bata'ng yun, oo!" napahawak nalang sya sa noo nya.

"'Pa.." i try to make him calm.

"Richie.. I know that you love my daughter—very much. But, matatagalan mo pa ba ang anak ko? Napakapasaway e!" halatang galit na usal nya.

"She's my wife, so she's my responsibility." i said in an assuring voice. "I agreed to marry her so this is my job as her husband."

"I'm still hoping both of you could give us a grandkid. We're getting old, anak. Your old Richie wishes to see a baby version of you as well!" daddy said, upset.

Hindi ako nakasagot. That is a very tough question.

"What do you want?!" biglang may sumigaw.

"Creal, don't shout here." utos ni Papa Teo.

"Yes, i can! I own this very place.. I can fire all of the employees I hired in just a snap!" she sarcastically shouted again.

"Creal.. We just wanna ask you something, hija." daddy said.

I just faced the floor. "What is it?!" kelan kaya sya hindi sisigaw?

"Anong magandang theme sa anniversary nang kompanya?" her father seriously asked her. I face them and Creal's jaw literally drops from what she heard.

"Pinababa mo ako para lang dyan, dad?!" I can feel that she's really angry.

"Yes.. And you need to answer me now."

"Ano pang silbe ng mga event planners, kung ako lang din naman ang tatanungin nyo?! Are they so useless as this man turned out to be?" she shouted and pointed at me. Made the whole ground floor covered by fear.

"Creal.. Tone down your voice." I tried consoling her even though it's impossible to work.

"Heck no! Ask the event planners, damn it! I can pay them whatever the hell amount they want! Just don't ask me about that fucking theme for this event! If you're gonna ask me, then I'll give you plenty of options! Halloween! Burial! Homicide! Murder! Or a monster night!" sunod-sunod na bulyaw nya!

Napayuko kaming lahat. And yes, kasama ako 'don.

"C-Creal.. It's not a big deal!" but Papa Teo defends us.

Her eyes burned in anger. "Not a big deal?! The heck, dad!" she unbelievably yelled at us. "I lost an A list client because of that theme question! The anniversary is not important to me! This client is the one I'm waiting for! Do you understand, dad?!" naging matinis ang boses nya sa galit.

Natatakot naman na lumapit samin si Jim.. Creal's most trusted secretary. "Ma'am?" kalmadong tawag nito kay Creal.

"Oh?!" baling ni Creal sakanya.

"You still have a meeting with Mr. Sheng at the Zambia restaurant.." may takot padin sa boses nya.

"I'm coming" sagot ni Creal.

Then I saw her wearing her blouse and fitted blue pants. She wasn't wearing her coat this time.

She's so hot.

We sleep in one bed but all i can do is to help myself from temptation every night. Because she's always wearing lingerie every damn night! She's always ready to blow up my sanity.

"Anyways.. Dadating ako sa family dinner mamaya. Don't worry, dad." she said and then wore her coat before she made her exit while being followed by Jim.

~🖋️🌙~

TLHB IS BACK AFTER A
YEAR OF BEING UNDER
REVISION!