Chapter 40

Cademus Reychard Falderrega

"There, you're so handsome." my mom praised me when I wore my necktie.

I smiled sweetly. She's wearing her cocktail dress, but she's still weak. "I know, because you made me look good. But, mom?"

"Yes, son?" she asked me in a very sweet tone.

"Promise me that you'll give me the best birthday tonight, please? Promise me." I said, hoping she'll say yes for once. I want to experience a happy birthday with her. And I don't want anyone else to make my birthday happy, it has to be her.

She smiled then hugged me, and all I could feel was a mother's love. "Then, I'll give you what you want. Another birthday gift for my dear. I love you, Demus." then she continued saying the same thing to me.

I heard the door opened. "What's with the drama? Love? Demus?" it was my dad who was surprised because of what he witnessed.

Mom let me go from her tight embrace. "Nothing, just greeting a happy birthday. Helping him get ready too, Richie."

"Ahh, akala ko naman nag-iiyakan na naman kayong mag-ina. Don't worry, this party is gonna be a blast!" natatawang sambit ni daddy.

"Hahahaha!"

"Uhmm, It seems you're having fun right now?" I heard a voice coming from the door.

I saw grandpa Ricky. "Yes, lolo! Mom is here with me eh. And also dad!"

"I can't deny nor think otherwise that you're a mama's boy." grandpa said while shaking his head with a glimpse of his smile.

Okay, I admit it. I am a mama's boy. I was longing for a mother's love and I only got to feel it from my mom.

"Why anak? Don't you love daddy?" nagtatampong asik ni daddy.

"Of course I love you, dad. But you know, I'm more clingy whenever I'm with mom. Hehehe." then I calmly laughed.

Inakbayan niya ako at sabay kaming lumabas. Naiwan sa loob si lolo Ricky at mommy.

Pumasok kami sa venue. There's a lot of people in here. Even some business partners of our business and some of our distant relatives, friends, and classmates. They have the most amazing experience when it comes to luxury jobs. Including my mom. Ganon si mommy ka well off, but I know I don't want that treasure without my mom. Because she's my everything and she's my own treasure.

In one in a million, I have a mom like you. Like you, the one and only.. Creal Mae Varrielo-Falderrega.

"Rey! You're here!" it was Alli, one of my friends, also my classmate in DGIU.

I gave him a hi five. "Of course, dude. It's my party." Biro ko.

"Hahaha! Still sarcastic, 'bro? Well, I get it. Thanks for the invitation dude!" just like he always do, being that kind of boy like he usually is. Childish.

"Oh, come on, Alli. Grow up! Haha! You always do--"

"Do, what, Rey?" Zoe asked me, Alli's girlfriend.

"Hahaha, nothing!" tanggi ko. But obviously I wanted to tell him how crazy is he.

"Happy birthday, Rey!" one of my friends also greeted me, Chelsea.

"Thanks, Chels!" I thanked her, yes she's pretty but you know.. I'm taken by Miya.

"Poor guy, you don't have a date?" Xan asked me. He tapped my shoulder. Tinapik ko ang kamay niya.

I smirked. "I have, it's my mom."

"Your mom? Is that for real? Maybe we can get you a new date." it was Chelsea, who's trying to annoy me tonight.