Chapter 20

Richard Elias Falderrega

"This is the playground? It looks dirty." nakangiwing sabi ni Creal nang marating namin ang playground ng subdivision nila.

I've been hanging out with her ever since we had that talk on her birthday party. "Yes, can't you see that there's a swing?"

"Tss. Philosopher." she mumbled.

I pulled her to go into the playground. There are a few spots of mud in the area because of the rain yesterday. She accidentally stepped on one of the mud spots which made her shoes dirty. She's wearing a white rubber shoes and a white shirt with pink shorts in the bottom.

Nanlaki ang mata nya. "Richie! What did you do?!" she yelled at me.

I can't help but to burst out laughing. "Hahahaha! Hahahaha! Hahahaha! What? I didn't do anything!" I can't help myself from laughing too hard.

"I'll make you pay for this!"

Huli na ng mapagtanto kong nabuo sya ng putik sa kamay nya. She's freaking molding it like a snow ball! And it hit my shirt! Agghh!

"What the hell?" I whispered.

She laughed. "Hahahaha! Oh god! Hahahaha! You looked silly all of a sudden, Richie. Ah.." she can't stop laughing.

Kahit nakakapanibago dahil sa accent ay inintindi ko na lang. "I must admit it, then. Hahaha!"

Nagbatuhan kami ng putik hanggang sa napagod kami. Puno na nang putik ang buong katawan namin. Lalo pa syang gumanda dahil sa pagkakapuyod nya sa kulot nyang buhok. Matangos din ang ilong at pinkish na labi. Magandang hugis ng kilay at maganda mata, at brown nyang kulay ng mata. Mahaba ang pilik mata. Hindi ganoon kaputi, pagkat morena sya. She's almost perfect for me.

"I want to go home now. I need to shower. My skin is so itchy." namamantal na nga ang balat nya. Kinakamot din nya ang ibang parte ng katawan nya. But she forced to smile.

I nodded and help her stood up. "Are you alright?" I asked her.

She gave me a nod. We started to walk until we reached the Varrielo mansion. Her eyes turned gloomy and I don't know the reason for it. She's alright minutes ago.

We went inside. We don't care if we're a mess at the moment.

We saw Tita Ann and the others at the living room. Even my dad and kuya Reb.

"What happened to both of you, hijo? Hija?" daddy asked us.

I smiled. "We just played at the playground, dad."

Dad nodded and smiled. "What happened to you, chére?!" biglang may sumigaw galing sa likod. "Oh mon Dieu. What on earth is this, Teodoro?!"

Tito Teo looked worriedly to his daugther.

When we turned around we saw Creal's grandparents. Creal looked at them and smiled. "W-We just played. I haven't t-tried this before. I j-just wanted to try it, at least." she answered.

The elderly ran towards us. "Why did you play in the mud?" her grandfather asked her, worried.

She pouted. "I want it, papi." she answered.

"What about your allergy, chére?!"

"I.. I—" she passed out.

Creal!

"What allergy does she have? We didn't know she had one of those." Tita Ann asked the elders.

Creal remains unconscious but she's stable now. Her body almost turned in red because of her so-called, allergy.