Chapter 17

10 years ago..

Cademus Reychard Falderrega

I'm walking at the corridor of the mansion, the Sanchez mansion. I was about to pass by the office of my dad, Samuel. As he fooled me about that matter years ago.

I heard a voice coming from the office. "You're the master of the Sanchez now, Samuel!" Grandpa's voice echoed to my ears, Simon Sanchez.

"Yes but, dad! Do you really think I can bring down that Varrielo?" daddys voice.

I lean my ear closer to the door to hear them clearly. "Of course, you can! You're my son and that's merely a woman." I can assure that grandpa is very angry.

"But you said that she's very strong that you can't defeat her yourself. Kahit sinabi mo na dalawang linggo pa lang syang nagiging mistress. And she's one of the candidates for being the next Mafia Leader for the whole industry at her young age."

Wait, what? What mafia?

"Yes, and you need to kill her before that even happens! Dahil kung hindi, mas mahihirapan kang patayin ang babaeng yan!" Grandpa exclaimed.

"I'll try my best, dad."

"Don't just try it—do it, Samuel!" I was so scared to be caught by grandpa. Especially now because he's mad at the moment.

I heard a deep sigh. "I'll do it, I'm going to kill that Varrielo."

"Magnificent. Now swarm away, child. Bring me her head."

They are planning to kill a person, and that Varrielo? Well, I was fined trained. Since I was a child I've been hearing my mother's surname, but I never know her real name.

"Siegel?"

"Wha—" I looked where the voice came from but suddenly someone covered my mouth when I was about to shout.

He removed his hand. He's leaning on me. "Kuya Sieno?" I burst.

He nod. "What are you doing here?" he whispered in my ears.

I don't know what to say. He might get mad at me as well. "I was about to go to bed when I heard dad and grandpa talking, I was just confused. They were shouting. They want to k-kill my real mother." I was scared by the last sentence that I just spilled from my own mouth.

He pulled me to my room's direction. When we reached it, we both went inside. I sat at the edge of my bed and he sat at my swivel chair, facing me. "You know them. They are like that. I really don't want what they are doing. That's why they are so much of a big difference now, before they were only kidnapping and now murdering people."

"What if that's all a lie?" I asked.

He shooked his head. "No. They even asked me to follow their footsteps."

I was shock. "Is that so? They're being too much."

"If you don't want to be a part of the Sanchez org, don't be. You will not make it, and so am I. I don't think that I can be much of a help for them, killing people? I don't want that. My hands will get dirty." he said to me.

I'm just adopted but why do they also want me to follow their footsteps? "I don't want to be here anymore. I'm scared."

"Siegel! Sieno!" grandpa's voice echoed in my whole room.