Private Lessons

"That was good Lex. But you gotta push it more at the end. I'm telling you, if you wanna make the US team you gotta show how willing you are to tough it out and take those hits."  Odell tossed a bottle of water at his student and then sat down next to her.

"Never doubt myself and put it all on the line. Kinda like you did? How you got to the pros?" Alexa Nelson, nineteen year old forward for LSU lady tigers soccer team, smirked at Odell.  Odell couldn't help but smile back. His eyes drifted involuntarily across her face and to her purple colored hair. He resisted reaching out to run his fingers through its strands. Alexa favored Cas a lot, the younger version of her. He was trying not to think about it. But here in front of him was that vibrant young woman he fell for so many years ago.  With the beautiful and innocent face that he pursued until he finally stole her heart.

"You been reading that book haven't you?" Odell looked away and huffed

"You been reading that book haven't you?" Odell looked away and huffed. He wiped his face with a towel a bit annoyed that so many people knew so many intimate things about him as a result of Cas's book. She put everything in there. Literally everything.

"It's the whole reason I wanted to come out here actually."

"Yeah well, I usually work with receivers and DBs. I know soccer and I love it, but you need to find a real coach who can get you to the next level, Lex. That ain't me." Odell advised. 

"But I'm doing so well with you.  You're too humble.  You're a great coach, O. Plus Im comfortable with you." Alexa replied, setting her mouth stubbornly. Odell sighed.  He only took her on because she was his old college coach's niece. She was a gifted soccer player but he could tell from the way the beautiful college sophomore looked at him, she was interested in a lot more than just his athletic expertise. At first he thought it was nothing more than a harmless crush but lately she had done a whole lot more flirting. And he was finding it harder to resist flirting back.  She was a nice girl so he didn't want to hurt her feelings, but he had been trying to carefully nudge her to another coach before things got anymore complicated or Cas got wind of it.  She was going to have to find a new coach soon anyway because he was about to be a lot busier.

"Hey Jr." His mother's voice pulled him from his thoughts. She gave him a look before smiling at Alexa and holding out her hand. "Hello. I'm Heather. Odell's mother."

"Hey Ms Heather." Alexa stood up and shook her hand. She turned and grabbed her bag. "Well I'll see you on Wednesday, O. Thanks again."

Not missing Alexa calling him O or the way the girl was looking at her son when she walked up, Heather watched Alexa leave before turning back to Odell. "Pretty girl. Who is she?"

"I'm coaching her."

"A young woman?"

"She's a soccer player. You know I've taken on a few."

"Cas know?"

"Yes. Maybe. Ok.. no." Odell stumbled through his words. Ever since Cassandra became her daughter in law Heather had forgiven any issues she had with Cas and completely adopted her.  Now anytime Odell got in an argument with one of them he felt like he was arguing with both of them. "But it's not that big a deal. I don't run who I'm coaching by Cas. I took Alexa on as a favor. And if Cassandra was here more often maybe she would know about her."