Chapter III: What Have I Done?

Apollo POV:

The gift of prophecy is a curse in disguise. Knowing what is about to happen yet being forced to not stop or change it. After the Titanomachy, when my sister and I were crowned Olympians, I wanted nothing more than to spend time with my father but he turned out to be a busy God. My sister left to guide her priestesses but I could only interfere when the Fates deemed it fit. Despite the drama and hyperbole, being a god is very very very lonely. Zeus had Hera, and despite rumors of his infidelity, Zeus actually never strayed from his marriage often. His only demigod children were Heracles and Perseus. Poseidon had Amphitrite, his only demigod son born before his marriage was Theseus, who became the father of Athens. Hades had Persephone while the other Olympians mostly spent time in their domains.

As I returned from Delphi, the words of the Oracle rang in my head. I had to chose between my sister and the world. The worst part was I couldn't interfere directly. If I let fate run its course, then the Titans would be unleashed upon the world and they would be stopped but at a cost, the cost of my sister's heart. If I interfered and prevented it, another war would break out but this one in the mortal world. The future was not clear but I knew this mortal war would involve the gods and more importantly it would involve my twin sister breaking the ancient laws. A small price to pay. It is time to make a gambit.

Timeskip [& A Line Break]

I was furious. Ugh how could those goddesses involve themselves. What were Hera and Athena thinking? They messed up my perfect plan. Aphrodite was supposed to seduce Paris and ensure that his eyes never fell on Helen. But when Hera and Athena got involved, Aphrodite lost sight of the goal and got involved in the argument. Now Paris must choose the most beautiful woman amongst the Goddess. Huh. When did they become so vain? They are Gods, for crying out loud. Asking a mortal to judge beauty, that is something not worth the time of a God.

I watched helplessly as Paris took Helen with him. Melanus, in a fit of rage and anger, summoned his allies and asked them to honor their oath of Tyndareus. His brother, Agamemnon, led the reluctant armies of Greece. Before they could set sail, my sister intervened on behalf of the innocent soldiers who would be slaughtered because of Agamemnon's actions. I watched as Agamemnon slew his own daughter, Iphigenia, to appease my sister. Happy with the sacrifice and acknowledgement, my sister let the armies sail under the command of Agamemnon and Achilles.

Third Person POV :

As the war progressed, Agamemnon captured Chryseis, priestess of Apollo and daughter of Chryses. To protect his priestess and much to the ire of the Olympian Council, the Sun God unleashed a plague on the armies of Greece. When his priestess was returned to her father, the plague receded. After several attacks against Troy, Achilles was killed as Paris' arrow pierced his heel, however no one noticed the dissipating silverish glow on the arrow. When the arrow struck Achilles, a man with brilliant blue eyes and dark hair was seen standing miles away amongst the trees. The Gods on Olympus believed that Apollo guided the arrow of Paris that fell Greece's greatest warrior and so he was punished to experience mortality. Thus the sun God took the blame for his sister's actions, happy that for once he changed fate.... or so he thought.

The Trojan war ended with the sacking of Troy by the Hellenics. Paris and Helen were killed along with most of the Trojans. However unknown to the Hellenics and their Gods, a small boy with wings of white and eyes of silver was seen guiding a boy clad in royal garbs. As the city of Troy burned, the winged boy stopped as he noticed his companion wasn't following him.

He quickly grabbed the other boy's hand and pulled him but the boy had tears in his eyes as he whispered, "My parents, my friends, they are all.." The winged boy did not let his companion finish his sentence as he lifted his head by the chin and said, "Aeneas, now is not the time to grieve. Pluto will grant your family passage into the underworld. You shall make your father proud and one day you shall make the Hellenics pay for their barbaric crimes. Now let's run before we join them the hard way."

Thus the two boys fled the burning city of Troy and headed west. They met a group of emigrants from Troy. Together they set out to Carthage under the guidance of the mysterious silver eyed boy. After a few years, they reached Carthage and formed an alliance with the Carthaginian queen, Dido. The queen was married to Aeneas and together they ruled over Carthage in peace. However no one other than Aeneas missed a certain winged silver eyed boy who disappeared after the royal wedding.