Epilogue

Jason Grace was many things, a legionnaire, a commander, but he always considered himself as a human being before anything else. He was honorable as a Roman but just and merciful as a soldier and general. He knew the Greeks were untrustworthy, but the actions he witnessed a few minutes ago made him question their very sanity.

A few moments ago......

The battle with the beast raged on as the mortal girl attempted to save the captured boy while the others fought tooth and nail against the creature. Yet they were just holding it at bay and with no real way to kill it, it was evident that both the sides would tire out eventually. The only question to be answered was, 'which side would tire out first?'. Jason and his fellow Roman questers barely escaped their pursuers and stumbled out of the forest and onto the snow covered grounds when they saw the raging fight happening on the cliff and the platoon of prepubescent girls in silver hunting gear armed with bows and arrows.

Despite the presence of the Greek demigods, Jason could sense the power of a true god, a Roman god. Along with the power of a god, there was also the distinct scent of death in the air, which only added to the foreboding scene on the cliff. If the replenishments promised by his lord weren't here, then they would be cornered with the Greeks on the flanks, the beast at the front and the enemies of Rome at the back.

The beast sensing an opportunity, lunged at the two children hiding in the now destroyed parking lot. It's tail struck out and the air shimmered, reflecting the silvery white light of the moon, around 3 dozen projectiles shot out in an arc towards everyone on the cliff. With wide eyes, the son of the sky watched as the poisoned projectiles sailed through the air. The onyx-eyed boy dove towards his the onyx-eyed girl and tackled her down rolling them behind a damaged car. The blond boy on the other hand looked hesitant before, ducking behind a shield that magically appeared in his hand. The blond girl was nowhere to be seen while the girl in the pink dress was relatively safe behind the monster, helping up an injured boy.

The silver clad girls however were an entirely different matter. They fired the weapons at the rapidly approaching projectiles, destroying the projectiles with a wall of arrows. The mutual destruction of the projectiles resulted in a fine silver mist that clouded Jason's vision for a while. Taking advantage of the situation, the beast returned to it's human form, confusing those present. The hetrochromatic man snatched the purple eyed little boy and held a strange blade to his throat. With a growl, the hetrochromatic eyed beast man said, "Leave, goddess. Do not interfere. You have no business here. Leave.. while you still can".

A silver clad girl with a silver tiara armed her weapon saying, "You don't speak to a goddess that way, monster." She fired the arrow at the monster's head despite the 5 year old child who was being held hostage. A loud shriek permeated the air as the purple eyed girl shrieked and dove towards the monster and child on the edge of the cliff. The monster merely moved his head to the side and lifted the child higher causing the arrow to lodge in the child's shoulder. The boy gave out a pained cry. It was then that all on the cliff noticed the girl diving towards the boy. But sadly the monster moved and sent her over the cliff. Edging backwards, the monster smiled a toothy smile and said, "Thank you for helping me finish my mission, huntress. The General will be very happy with my results. It appears it is time to say goodbye or as we say it... Au revoir." With those words, the monster dove backwards, taking the boy with him.

The silence in the wind was a testament to the awkward moment on the cliff. Not a single word was spoken but the same thought ran in the minds of everyone present. The silent charade was broken when a bright light illuminated the night and a scream of anger tore through the quiet night. The light died down to reveal an extraordinarily beautiful woman dressed in a Greek attire and decked in battle armour. Her body glowed with a nearly purple glow as she glared at the huntresses. With barely concealed anguish, she said, "What have you done, Artemis? You have cost me everything. How could you do this to my Perseus?"

The second the word Perseus was uttered, the air grew colder and the night seemed to grow more ominous. But none of that seemed to matter as the world grow darker and the son of the skies lost consciousness.