Chapter Preview

Heroes, Heartbreak & Hunters - I

Third Person POV:

Stephen was not having a good evening. It was supposed to be his first date and yet the universe seemed to think it was the best time to bring his nightmares to life. He always had the problem of hallucinating and it seemed to be under control with the various medications he took but today was not the case. He cursed softly under his breath and closed his eyes, taking in shaky breaths. He wanted nothing more than the hallucination to leave him alone, so he could enjoy his evening.
A delicate touch on his shoulder brought his scattered thoughts back to reality and he opened his eyes to see his date looking at him with worried eyes. A small frown marred her youthful features as she held up a glass to him and spoke, 'Are you okay, Stephen? Here drink this. It's just lime juice' Taking the offered glass and gulping down the drink in nearly record time, Stephen took a few steps back and leaned against the wall and rested the back of his head against the wall. He was soon accompanied by Alice who mirrored his posture and asked, 'Am I really that bad of a date or you want to talk about it?'
Smiling to himself he replied to the smirking girl beside him, 'I think we both know the answer to that question. But I am curious how did you find out about it?' he asked refering to his problem of hallucination. She simply replied, 'The twins'. Stephen merely chuckled in response while she continued, 'They are really worried, you know. They did not want anything to happen to you, they still don't.' Stephen just hummed in response before saying, 'They are the closest thing I have to family. Hell, they are my family at this point. I should be taking care of them not the other way around. They are just kids, they shouldn't be training for war. Ughhh... Sorry for ranting. I just worry about them.'
Before Alice could respond, they were interrupted by the last person he ever wanted to see in his life. Coach Thorne stood in front of the couple, a scowl etched on his face and his hetrochromatic eyes burning with barely concealed hatred. Grabbing Stephen's hand, he said, 'What have you been upto Mr. Stephen? I have seen you conversing with outsiders. Did you facilitate the entry of those delinquents onto the campus?' Stephen tried to pull his hand back but the coach's grip was surprisingly tight. Just as he opened his mouth to respond, the coach began dragging them off towards the gymnasium. Stephen knew that talking to strangers would end him trouble but he chalked it up to misfortune that Coach Thorne of all people had seen him talk to the blonde couple. .....