Chapter 3

× edited ×

Dear Daddy,

My friend asked me what's your job.

I don't know what to say.

How would I know?

You never called me.

I don't even think you know my name

Why, Daddy?

Why do you never visit me?

Do you hate me?

Am I a mistake?

Am I, Daddy?

Sincerely,

Alicia
. . .

"He is... your father."

My jaw drops. I misheard, right? This man, that is sitting across me, isn't really my father, right?

"You're kidding, aren't you?" I said to my mom and chuckled, hoping she's kidding.

"It's true, Al." My Mom said, not looking at me.

I turned my head to the man.

"You." I said in a very low tone, studying him from head to toe.

"Why now? Do you really have to wait for 18 years to finally meet me? Well you know what, I don't want to. I don't want to meet you, after what all you did to me - to us!" I said furiously.

"Alice, don't speak that way to your own father!" My Mom turned her head to me, widening her eyes a bit.

"Father? Father?" I laughed sarcastically.

"This man," I pointed my index finger to my so-called-father, "All he did, was nothing but hurt you, mom. He left you when you needed him the most!" I continued.

There was a moment of silent until Bill broke it.

"Look, Alice"

I cut him off.

"Don't call me that. It's Alicia for you."
Alice is a special nickname, only a few people call me that. And he's not gonna be one of them.

"Sorry. I know that you don't like me - even hates me. I'm sorry for what I did to you and your mother. And I know an apologize won't make you forgive me. But please, give me a chance. I want to try on our father-daughter relationship." He explains

"You haven't answered my question. Why now?" I asked once again

"I want to meet you last year but you don't want to, remember?"

"Why last year? Why not eighteen years ago?" I asked sharply

I look at the boy who's sitting beside him. He must be his son. His eyes' color are just like mine, green. And of course we got it from our father.

My 'father' never answered my question, and I assumed he never will, because he doesn't know the answer to that. So I choose to change the subject.

"I'm sorry, how rude of me. What's your name?" I asked the boy

"It's Alex." He responded with a smile.

Wow, I never expected a smile from him. I thought he already hates me for shouting at his father.
He looks younger than me, and I'm sure he is younger than me.

"So we're brother and sister, eh?" I said, curving up my lips into a half smile.

"We are." He chuckled.

I can see in the corner of my eye that my mom is smiling because I'm bonding with my half brother.

"So, how old are you?" I asked, putting my chin on the palm of my hand.

"Fifteen." He said, while nodding.

"And you have a brother, don't you?"

"Yeah, his name is Joey. He's sixteen."

"Oh, I see."

"So what do you say, Al?" My mother asked.

"About what?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"About your father offer." She cleared it up.

"Still a no." I said, shaking my head.

"Okay, how about this. You should hang out with Alex and Joey, maybe you will find out that your father isn't so bad."

My mom sure wants me to bond with my dad.

I sighed in defeat. There's nothing I can do. My mom wants this, and I have to do this.

"Fine."
My father smiles brightly and so does my mom, Alex also smiles too.

. . .

We chatted about everything, and turns out my dad isn't that bad. But still, I don't like him. And I guess I never will.

They left an hour ago and now I'm laying in my bed thinking about how I just met the man who I really want to meet when I was a kid. I always dreamed about meeting him back then, I was dying to meet him. I told my mom a lot of time about meeting my father, but she just said that he can't. She always said that he's busy.

But everything changed when my mom told me the true story why I'm not living with my father. I hate him ever since.

I even wrote him a lot of letter about him back then when I was innocent.
And today, I met him.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated in my jeans' pocket. I take it out and turns out it's from Chelsea

Mr. Hottie called my mom! He said that I said things I shouldn't say to him and my mom thought I called him some animals name!!

I laughed and typed

I can't believe he still did that after what Jake and I told him. But still, you can't be mad at him, cause he's a hottie :p

I press send.

She replied within 20 seconds. Wow, the girl sure typed fast.

Yeah you should tell your cousin about this, who's her name? Alyssa? Of course I can't! No one can be mad over a hottie!

Close. It's Stacy you dumb -.- Yeah, I guess I have to tell her. By the way you will not believe who came to my house today!

As I pressed send, she texted me that her battery is low and she's out
Guess I have to tell her tomorrow..