Chapter 12

Ever heard about how a girl is forbidden to date a guy because that guy is that girl's bestfriend's ex boyfriend? Even though that girl really likes him?

A week after Dylan left, Chelsea promised that she will always be here for me, and that part including not dating whomever I like even though that guy loves her. I always thought that that guy would be Dylan, because that time I still hadn't gotten over him yet, and I thought I never will.

It's funny how times could change everything, because right now, he's the person I hate the most.

I look at Chelsea with a blank expression. Clearly not understand why she said that to me.

"Alice? You there?" Chelsea claps her hands in front of my face.

"Uh- y- yeah." I stutter, not knowing what to say.

She sighs, "You still have feelings for him, right? Okay, forget I ever said--"

I cut her off, "What? No! You can have him all you want."

Her face brightens, "Really?"

I nod. "And by the way, I need your help.." She continues.

"What is it?"

"You know that he still have feelings for you, right? Well.. I need you to talk to him." She bit her lower lip, scared of how I will react.

I was about to say no, cause I made a promise that I'll never talk to him again, but she's my best friend. And she deserves to be happy. She even once told me that she was jealous of me because my looks and else. I couldn't not help her.

"Fine." I breathe out, then Chelsea's face brightens.

• • •

I was texting Dave when Dylan, out of the blue, sits next to my desk.

"Morning," He says to me. I was about to give him a death glare when I remember that I have to talk to him.

So I turn to him, and give him a forced smile. He furrows his eyebrows for a millisecond, then smirks.

"I didn't expect your smile." He chuckles.

"So do I." I reply then turn my attention back to my phone.

"What do you want?"

He says in, surprisingly, a friendly tone. Not a cold one.

I turn to him and raise my eyebrow.

"Don't play dumb here, Alicia. There's something you want from me, isn't there?" He raises both of his eyebrows, and give me a smile.

"What are you, mind reader?" I say and he chuckles.

Wow, I miss us. Us, not him. I only miss the things we did, not the guy.

"Yeah actually, I need your help." I continue, and put my phone inside my bag.

"I'll do anything for you, babe."

"Yeah, first, don't call me babe."

"Oh yea, I forgot that you hate that nickname. Sorry for that." He says and chuckles.

"And second, what do you think about Chelsea?"

He raises his eyebrow, "Huh?"

"Just tell me."

"She's nice," He says and shrugs, "and pretty, I guess."

"Only that?" I ask, raising my eyebrow.

"Yeah, why?" He asks, "are you jealous of her?" he continues and smirks.

"Ew, why would I?" I say and make a disgusted face, followed by his chuckle.

"I haven't had the chance to say it to your face, so here goes.." he takes a deep breath, "I'm so sorry for what I've done, I really am."

"Apology accepted." And with that, all my hatred towards him, gone. Weird, I know.

"Really?"

"Yeah, dude, really. I've moved on, and I guess you have either. Nothing would change if I keep hating you, though, so why not let go?"

I could see his face saddens for a second. "Yeah, guess we've both moved on."

"So, friends?" I ask, giving him a smile

"Friends."

• • •

Your dad is picking you up.

I groan the moment I read the text my mom sent me. Really, Mom? Didn't you think how awkward it would be?

I text both Luke and Chelsea, telling them I don't need a ride for today.

So I move my feet to the parking lot, searching for my Dad. Once I spot him, I let out a sigh. This is gonna be a long awkward ride.

"Alicia." He greets me once I'm standing in front of me.

"Hey." is all I said. We just stand there awkwardly until someone breaks the ice.

"Dad, you wouldn't believe what I just saw! This school has a Soccer Ladies team!" Alex says as he jogged toward our direction. Thank goodness!

"Alice!" Alex says and give me a smile,

"I'm one of it, for your information." I inform him after I replied his smile.

"You are? Whoa! My sister is a soccer player!" He says excitedly

I laugh, and so does he. "You hungry?" He asks me.

"Kinda, yeah."

"Recommend a place then, I'm hungry either."

"How about Taco Bell?"

Alex nods and he turns to Dad, "Sounds good." Dad agrees.

And we all walk into the car, Dad's in the driver's seat, Alex's in the passenger's seat, and I'm in the middle seat.

As we start to drive away, Alex asks me, "What position are you in Soccer?"

"Striker."

"Damn, that's cool." He admires me, "I know." I praise myself

"Big ego, huh?" He raises his eyebrow

"Just like your brother."

"How do you know Joey has a big ego?" He turns half of his body to me.

"We hung out once." I inform him, and shrug

"He's annoying, right? I hate it whenever..."

I cut him off, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold it, lex. I'm not a therapist."

Alex bursts out laughing, and Dad just smiles.

"How are you, Dad?"

I could see his eyes widens from the rearview mirror, clearly didn't expect my question. "I'm alright.. you?"

"Not bad, where's Joey anyway?"

"He hadn't came back from his basketball practice when we left." He tells me.

"He plays basketball?" I ask, and Dad nods

"What do you play, lex?" I turn to Alex, wiggling my eyebrows, mocking him. I know he's not good at sports, he's more into books.

"He plays Physics." Dad says and chuckles, followed by my laugh.

"Hey! I could be the next Stephen Hawking!" He states, clearly offended.

"Well, prepare to lose your voice then." Dad smirks, and I laugh

If only we all live in the same roof, it would be fun, and of course without Avery.

• • •

Bill Anderson aka Alice's dad is played by Channing Tatum.

Don't forget to comment and vote!

~ Salsa