Chapter 14

After we ate in Taco Bell, I offered Dad and Alex to come to my house, and they said yes. Mom is probably on her shift.

"You stabbed her on the back! And she forgave you. She even raised your child!" I hear someone says after I unlocked the front door of my house. Alex tilts his head to look at me, and I shake my head, not knowing who said that.

"I didn't ask her to raise my child! Your husband did!" I hear it as I step into my house.

I go straight to where the voice comes, and I found Aunt Marie and... Avery? What the hell is she doing here?

"Aunt Marie? What's going on?" I ask, and Aunt Marie turns to me, shock washes over her face.

"Alicia.. I didn't expect you to come back soon." Aunt Marie says, not answering my question.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" Alex says once he sees Avery, shock washes over her face either.

"Alicia, dear.." Avery takes a step ahead towards me, but I step back.

"Ave, please don't do this." Bill says, and let out a sigh.

"I have to, Bill. She's my own.."

Aunt Marie cuts off her sentence, "You should listen to your husband, Avery."

Avery turns to Aunt Marie and gives her a sad look, "Can we try this again, May? Try to be a family again?"

"I'd love to, Ave. But if you keep acting like this.. I can't."

"I'm doing the right thing, May. Tracy took away my own daughter, I have the rights to take her back."

My jaw drops to floor, Alex's mouth is slightly open, Aunt Marie's eyes widens, and Dad shuts his eyes tightly.

"Get out from my house, Avery!" Someone says. I turn to the owner of the voice, My Mom.

"Mom, what was she talking about?" I ask her

"She doesn't know what she's talking about, lice. Don't listen to her." Dad says, and I turn to him.

"Last time I checked, your wife isn't drunk, Dad. Would somebody please tell me what's going on?" I say, running my hand through my hair.

"Tell her, Trace. Tell her the truth." Avery says to Mom, but Mom looks away.

"Tell me, Mom." I force her, and she keeps her eyes everywhere but me.

"Alice, don't listen to Avery." Aunt Marie says, and I turn to her.

"I have to, Aunt May, cause I heard she said that I'm her daughter. That's not true, right Mom?"

Mom only bits her bottom lip, not saying a word. Dad lets out a stressed sigh, "Tracy.. I guess we have to tell her."

Mom turns to Dad, look at him for a while, and nod. She takes a deep breathe, "Remember when I told you that Avery was my best friend and she dated Bill in high school?" She asks me, and I nod.

"Well, I lied. I dated Bill in high school. Avery is my sister. Bill often came to our house when we were dating, because your Uncle John was his friend, and that means he always met Avery. Avery adored Bill, and I thought it was nothing serious, but I was wrong. One day, Bill came to our house, but John and I weren't in there. We went to an art event that time. But Avery was there. And.. they had sex." She bits her bottom lip.

"John found out, and he was so mad at Avery. I was too. But I told him it was okay, and Avery promised she would never do that again. Two weeks later, Avery told us that she was pregnant. It didn't go so bad, Bill and I were still dating that time. But when you were 8 months old, they did it.. again. John didn't forgive Avery that time and he kicked her out of our house. And he didn't let Ave raised you because he didn't trust her."