Chapter 4

× edited ×

Dear Daddy,

I got 100 today on Math!

I'm so happy, it's the first time I got the perfect score.

I told Mom about it and she said she's so proud of me.

She asked me that she'll give me a present because I got the perfect score.

She asked me what I want.

I told her that I want to meet you.

But she told me that I can't.

She said you're busy.

Why are you always busy?

. . .

Tomorrow is Violet's party and I haven't asked Chelsea if she's going or not.
She has to. I told Luke I'm going with her.

It's lunch time and I can't find Chelsea. We didn't attend the same class.

As I was about to take a bite of my hamburger, a voice called my name.

"Anderson."

I look up to see the last person I want to see everyday.

"Hello, Ashley."

"No one's sitting here, right?" She pointed to the chair across me.

I shake my head then she took a seat.
"So, you're going with Luke to Violet's party?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"No." I replied simply.

"Really?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yes." I claimed, assuring her with a nod.

"Huh. Never would've guessed. No one ever rejects a Reynolds."

It's true. No one ever rejects Luke and Andrew. Andrew is my senior and Luke's older brother. Every girls fall head-over-heels for them. But I just never find out why. Maybe because they're hot?

"You know, if you don't want to be with him, you should say that to him." Ashley ran a hand through her hair.

Her we go.

"Well, all he did was trying to be my friend. What am I supposed to say if we haven't even done anything?" I bit back, trying to keep my anger down.

She didn't say anything, only curling her hair with her index finger.

"Alright, bye, then." She gave me a very fake smile, then walk away. 

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Doesn't she have anything to do except involving herself in people's life? Well, she had always been like that. I saw Jake entered the canteen, so I called his name out. He went to sit with me.

"Hello m'lady." He said in his fake british accent, and I shook my head in amusement.

"Hey Jake. Have you seen Chelsea?" I asked.

"Nope." He said

"Huh." Where's she anyway? I haven't seen her today.

"Why don't you call her?" He suggested.

"I did, lots of time."

"Well, that's weird. I haven't seen Dave, too."

We are both thinking where are Chelsea and Dave. I haven't seen Dave either. Where could they possibly be? Library? No. Hallway? I didn't see them.