Chapter 19

Today's a really bad day. It's lunchtime and I just had a screaming match with Luke in the hallway. He asked me why I'm ignoring him and I told him that he could go to hell. After a few begging, I told him. I told him that I hate him for making a bet based on me, and I told him to just forget about what happened between him and me. It didn't mean anything anyway. And Jake is nowhere to be seen, also Chelsea. So here I am, eating my lunch, alone.

When I finished my lunch, I get up from my seat and get out of the cafeteria. Lunchtime ends in 10 minutes and I don't know where to spend the 10 minutes. I went to my locker and grab my Crooked House novel. I'm not really a fan of books, but I do love Agatha Christie. I make my way to my next class, and sit down on the second row seat. I begin to read the novel.

When I was reading the part where Charles went to his fiancé's house, someone clears his throat. Since no one is here, I assume it's for me. I look up from my novel to find Dave standing in front of the class, with his hands on his varsity pocket. I wait for him to say something, but when he didn't, I look down again to my novel.

Dave lets out a loud breath, and says, "I'm sorry." I immediately look up, and raise an eyebrow, "I thought you were bored?"

He sighs and sits on the chair beside mine, "Look, I should've not said that. It was a mistake."

"Your jocks dumped you?" I say instead of responding to his statement.

"No," He shakes his head. "I just missed you guys." He looks down.

"It had only been one day." I can't help but giggle. It was cute, though.

"One day of hell, yes." He says and I laugh, second later he joins in.

"I actually didn't have any problem with you. Jake does." I shrug, and closed the novel. Dave sits on the seat beside mine.

"Yeah, what's his problem anyway?" He asks, and I turn half of my body to face him.

"Probably because he stayed with you when he could leave, but you didn't." I blurt out, shrugging.

"It's about that night, isn't it?" Dave says and I freeze.

"Alice! You came!" Wendy, the red haired girl, greeted Alice as she came into the house.

"Yeah, Chelsea said I need to loosen up." Alice said, and Wendy laughed.

"Well, then, loosen up!" Wendy said cheerfully. "The drinks are on the kitchen. See you around!" Wendy continued and left Alice alone. It was a casual friday night party. Dancing, getting laid, getting drunk, and all that stuffs. Alice sighed and made her way to the kitchen. She grabbed a red plastic cup and poured vodka into it. One shot wouldn't hurt, she thought. She gulped the drink in her hand, and her throat burned for a few seconds. It wasn't her first drink, she had had many. She's not the anti-alcohol type of girl.

Alice leaned her back onto the counter, and crossed her arms on her chest. She didn't even know why she went here. Party was her thing, until the last week friday night party. The night she found out that her relationship was based on a bet. Part of her wished that Luke didn't tell her a thing, but the other's glad that Luke told her.

Alice heard a scream. It's weird how she could hear it with the music blasting so loud. She ignored it, thinking it was just a random skank getting laid. But then, she heard it again. It wasn't a pleased scream, it was a scared scream. Alice went upstairs to check whose scream was that. She found nothing. At least I know nothing's wrong, Alice thought.

She went to the bathroom and locked the door. She looked at the reflection of her in the mirror. Her eyes weren't the same anymore. Her eyes aren't puffy or bloodshot. But when she smiles, her eyes don't. She smiled and closed her mouth with the palm of her hand. Even though she's smiling, her eyes shows that she's not. Her eyes show that she needed help, that she needed Dylan.