019 09MOON 07

I never felt prouder in my whole existence.

Stealing a radio emettor wasn't easy. Grasping my courage to push my voice out of my lungs and pressing my fingers to the tiles resulted even harder.

But the Annual Assemblage of Glorified was coming. And I wouldn't bear to be part of it.

Like a rusty wheel, the sound unleashed a mechanism that couldn't stop anymore. The radio rasped on its lowest frequency.

Sipping on straight chlorine.

I hoped they would understand. I hoped they would get the help bottle I was throwing at the sea. SOS Cl. Clancy needed help. I hoped it was clear enough. I hoped they would realize I had been forced to take the pills the Bishops always kept in a closet. I hoped so many things I felt that dreams once again could inhabit my being.

I realized that my voice had blocked and pushed away all my anguish through my mouth.

Let the vibes slide over me

This beat is a chemical, beat is a chemical.

Ned stared at me as my troubled thoughts slowly melted away, replaced by the soothing feeling of protection and detachment. He would guard the door if a Bishop came over. I didn't care anymore.

When I leave don't save my seat, I'll be back when it's all complete

The moment is medical, moment is medical

Sipping on straight chlorine.

Loving what I'm tasting,

Venom on my tongue, dependant at times.

Poisonous vibration...

I didn't even jolt when the door opened in a rush.

"It's been a little while."

Tyler was there, shrouded in a dark serious shirt that reflected the circle of his eyes. There was a bright red beanie in his hands. He looked at it then handled it to me.

"Take it, kiddo," he said simply. "It will help you be a real red rebel."