018 07MOON 25

Tyler sat next to me. He saw my diary, and he saw me writing in it. I tried to hide it but he jokingly grabbed it. Claws clenched my throat.

"Can I see?" he asked.

Tears sprouted from my eyes as I desperately tried to get my notebook back. Anguish as I had never felt, not even in Dema, broke down my chest, and the torches became shades of grey.

"No! Don't! Please don't! It's stupid! Just some thoughts, it's not interesting, please just..."

"Well, kiddo, all lives are interesting. Especially if sharing them stops people from feeling alone."

"No! You don't understand. You are going to be disappointed. Don't you get it? I... I'm starting to like doing this. I like writing in this diary. It is important to me. But if I show you and you don't like it, it will not be worth it anymore. It will feel pointless. I just can't. You can't understand, you get the right words so well, you write so perfectly you steal my guts. What I do is just stupid.  You told me to write but I didn't know you expected so much. I'm failing. If you read it then I could just through it in the fire." I shouted confusingly.

Tyler careful handed me the diary back and watched the flames dance for some time as I cried silently.

Then he stood up and looked down at me with what looked like a sad smile.

"It's okay, kiddo, take the time you need. But you are gonna have to let go. Everyone has to start somewhere. And if you get too stressed out about it then you'll stop doing anything, really. Always remember, kid: Sahlo Folina. »

But the dark claws won't let me go.