{~Wings of Freedom~} Chapter 9

I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY.

*bows head deeply*

I was so caught up in my own studies I forgot about this fan fiction of mine. Let me post this chapter first, while my exams will end in a month's time. I plead for your patience and I hope you will enjoy this chapter.

SilverHelia (the very very sad and apologetic author)

----------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9:|Conflicted|

'You said what now?!',Mikasa demanded angrily. Eren frowned and argued,'There's nothing wrong! We talked about it haven't we?!' She gripped the red scarf in her hands,'Eren,' her voice dropping to a dangerously soft tone,'I respected your decision at start. I thought that you will wake up from your delusion. But you are really considering on joining the Survey Corps, aren't you?'

'So what if I am? [Name] has returned. She shares my opinions.'

'[Name]? She's back?'

Armin joined the conversation all of a sudden.

Mikasa frowned,'I though she belonged in Wall Sina.' Eren covered her mouth,'Sh! [Name] said that she didn't want anyone to know that.'

'We share the same thoughts don't we, Eren?' The male nodded, his eyes burning with rage and fury. You clenched your fists, exhaling loudly.

'You don't know how grateful I am to know you shared my thoughts. I was on the brink of insanity thinking of those disgusting monsters that killed my dear family; no matter how suffocating they were.'

'Eren, you saved me.'

The brunette looked up slightly stunned.

'Saved you?'

You took his hands in yours and held them,'Yes. We'll destroy those beings for humanity, won't we?'

He held your hands back, facing you with the same passion.

'Yes. We will.'

'So don't tell anyone I'm from Wall Sina. I'm the head of the [Surnames] now. My servants will definitely dispatch soldiers to ensure my return to that place. I don't want that.'

'I won't [Name]. We took so long to meet each other. I won't let your efforts to join the army be in vain!'

'We have to keep her identity a secret.' Eren pleaded Mikasa. Her hard glare softened,'Fine. She doesn't want to be captured and returned to the capital, does she?' Eren nodded, sighing. Armin's face lightened up,'So [Name] is back! We can spend time like we did when we were younger!' Mikasa nodded and smiled at Eren,'You always wanted that, didn't you?' A faint smile crawled onto Eren's lips as it soon turned into a full toothy smile.

'Yeah. We finally get to be together again.'

You combed your hair as you entered the canteen. It was breakfast and you had to admit you were slightly late today because of your late night encounter with Eren.

'[Name]!'

You spun around, your hair whipping to the other side of your shoulders,'Armin?' He flashed you a gentle smile,'It's been long! Eren told Mikasa and me about your return.' You smiled back at him, feeling his cheerful behaviour a bit slightly hard to resist,'He did? I can't wait to see how Mikasa has grown. You grew up pretty well, Armin.' He blushed and chuckled awkwardly,'You too. You look much more mature now.' You laughed gently,'Really now? Let me go get some food. I'll see you later then.' Armin nodded and headed back to the table that Eren and Mikasa occupied.

Ah. He doesn't seem to be that affected.

I wonder... Did Mikasa experience the same thing as Eren?

You picked up a bun and some warm tea before heading to the benches where Armin was waving from. You sat down and greeted them.

'[Name]! It's nice to see you again!' Armin started. You laughed,'We met a while ago, Armin.' You then turned to Mikasa,'You turned out very pretty Mikasa.' Sending her a gentle smile, she blushed. You continued,'I wonder if Eren in interested in you...?' You teased. Eren out down his drink,'[Na-Name]!!' You chuckled,'It's just a joke Eren.'

'Oh? Who's your friend?' A male you recognised as Jean spoke.

You couldn't really say you had a good impression of him.

Eren frowned,'None of your business horse head.' Jean rebutted,'Hey! What's your deal?!' His friend, whom you assumed was Marco, was trying his very best to calm the angry 'horse head'. A girl which you remembered as Sasha, blatantly ignored the fight to continue to shovel food in her mouth.

Really? Is this what the army is paid to train?

You sighed.

They all seem carefree. Why not me?

~To Be Continued~