04 | real life

natalie and nour lie in their king sized bed, limbs intertwined as jeopardy plays on the large television. one of their dogs, benny, hops into the bed as he makes himself comfy between the two.

the sound of alex trebek's voice fills the room as he reads the clue out loud. "in the 1800s carl wunderlich got this number by averaging over a million readings from armpits of 25,000 patients."

"what is 98.6" nour called out, crossing her fingers as she hoped she was right. her and nat were currently tied and with this round being final jeopardy, she needed the win.

this was a thing the couple found themselves doing quite often—watching jeopardy and having their own little tournament with one another. however, nat usually won considering she's got a lot of random facts and knowledge hidden in that head of hers.

"and the answer is 98.6"

nour cheered, smiling as she stuck her tongue out at the girl lying beside her. "take that!"

"how do you even know that?" nat chuckled, pulling the other girl down to her as she played with a piece of her hair, twirling it around her finger.

"the average human body temperature duh."

the ringing of a telephone interrupted the pair as nour rolled over, grabbing her telephone off the nightstand. an unknown number flashed across the screen as she hesitantly answered it.

"hello. this is bryan singer, the director of bohemian rhapsody. is this nour malek?"

"yes this is her."

natalie watched absentmindedly as she listened to the conversation taking place. only being able to hear one side of it she wondered who it could have been that was making the older woman's eyes light up with joy. this was something she hasn't been able to witness recently with both of them being engrossed in their work. nour had just finished filming her new movie, beauty and the beast, set to be released next march. nat has been busy finishing up the designs for her upcoming fashion line, now focused on finding models for her big debut.

a smile took over her face as nour turned over coming face to face with natalie. "guess what?"

"you're side chick just called and said she wants to hang out tonight?" nat teased, a smirk forming on her face.

"no, she actually already called me earlier. and i plan on doing more than just hanging out with her," nour winked. "no but that was the director of bohemian rhapsody," she paused for dramatic effect as she watched the corners of natalie's lips turn upwards, "i got the part!"

the rest of the night was spent celebrating as the two women enjoyed each other's company. natalie made some of her infamous chicken marsala with a side of au gratin potatoes. taking their glasses of wine to the living room, the pair cuddled as the new ghostbusters movie played on the television. the night was filled with love and happiness, along with excitement for what was to come.