True scary story 26 (Grand(ma) Larceny)

A family who were on vacation, they were driving through some remote part of the country in their station wagon. They had brought Grandma along even though she was quite elderly and not feeling well, because her heart was set on going on this one last trip with her grandchildren, and they didn't want to disappoint her.

Unfortunately, at some point during the long drive Grandma passed away in the back seat of the car. Her grandchildren, sitting on either side of her, became hysterical.

Since they were several hours away from the nearest sizable city, the father did the only thing he could think of to remedy the situation. He wrapped Grandma's corpse in a thick blanket, secured it to the luggage rack on top of the station wagon, and drove on.

When they finally reached the outskirts of civilization the father stopped at a service station and everyone clambered out of the car while he used a payphone to call authorities and report the death. Understandably nervous and upset, he didn't realize he had left the keys in the ignition.

When the family went back to the car they found it had been stolen, along with all their possessions... and Grandma!