chpt 21

When I got back up to the room Remus was standing there holding Harry's wand and embracing Sirius. "Remus." I said and interrupted their whispered speech. The two men turned around and Remus patted Sirius on the back. "You pick them well don't you?" He said smirking at his old friend. Sirius just smiled, "Yes but I think it's time we finished this don't you?" Sirius replied. Lupin just nodded. They turned to the group of stunned looking students; Hermione was the first to speak, again. "You... you’re his friend? I trusted you!" She yelled. 

"Now Hermione..." But she wasn't planning on stopping for Lupin to explain.

"You were the one that helped him get inside the castle? How could you?!" She turned to Harry and Ron. "He's a werewolf, that's why he's been skipping classes." Harry looked shocked and Ron had gone very pale. "What do I not get a grand introduction?!" I interjected angrily.  She stepped back a little but spoke, "You're a Nosferatu- Vampire royalty. That's why you always look so hungry," she was breathing heavily from all the shouting and Lupin laughed. "Excellent Hermione." He clapped and looked genuinely impressed, I scowled. "How did you find out our little secrets?" He asked. She looked down, “I saw her change in the forest before the holidays, I found out about you when Professor Snape set the essay on werewolves." Lupin just smiled proudly and I looked down slightly embarrassed that I had been discovered so easily. "But why are you waiting, if you want to kill me then why don't you?" Harry asked, he sounded angry and I couldn’t blame him, he probably believed that Sirius had killed his parents. "I do not want to kill you Harry, I was after him." He pointed in Ron's general direction.

"Me?!" Ron asked all colour draining from his face as he edged away slightly, it made me smile but Sirius wasn't in the mood. "Not you, your rat!" He cried, getting impatient.

"Not Scabbers? He's just a rat."

Remus tried to explain. "How long has that rat been in your family Ron?"

"About twelve years..."he began,

"Twelve years," Sirius shouted at him, "uncommonly age for just an ordinary garden rat! And let me guess his smallest toe on the right foot is missing?" I placed a hand on his arm to try and calm him down, it didn't work. Remus tried to appeal to HHHarry who looked like he was going to explode, "Harry you have to believe me that Sirius did not sell your parents to ..." Harry looked like he wasn't listening and started to speak.

"After my parents were murdered Peter Pettigrew looked for them, but after you got to him all they found was a..." Sirius jumped in.

"...A finger! Saw me coming, chopped off his finger so that everybody thought he was dead, the same finger that happens to be missing on that rat." He pointed to the rat nervously clutched in Ron's pale, bleeding hands. I then realised that there was blood everywhere, and my throat began to burn with thirst. “Lupin!” I exclaimed warningly. I began to get dizzy and was about to fall over when Lupin reached down quickly enough to stop me crashing to the floor. I was then hit by a spell, "Stupefy!" someone shouted from the doorway and there was another yell and then I slept.