Chapter 1

"How about you stay at my place for few days?"

I swallowed at the question. "Y-you don't need to do that..."

The boy sighed. "Well I want to help you. I'm Ashton by the way."

I swallowed again and nodded. "O-okay. I'm Luke." I whispered and kept my eyes on my hands.

Ashton nodded and continued to drive. It wasn't awkward. Which was weird because we'd just met so you'd expect it to be a little awkward. But it wasn't.

I wouldn't say it was the most comfortable thing in the world, but still it wasn't uncomfortable.

As we pulled into the parking lot to the little apartment he lived in, I got this little sense of being unwelcome. That didn't surprise me. Everywhere I went I wasn't welcome.

Ashton parked the car and looked at me. He gave me a small smile before getting out of the car. I swallowed nervously again and followed behind him. I sighed before following him up to the door. He looked at me while unlocking the door.

"Now its not the best thing in the world, but its roomy."

After being homeless for 8 years. I didn't really care.

So I nodded and followed him into the house. It wasn't anything special. But it was homey and warm. I sat down on the couch and pulled my jacket tighter around my body. Ashton sighed.

"Uh I'm gunna get you some clothes and a few blankets and pillows then you can go change and shower if you want okay?"

I nodded shyly and he walked off.  I looked around, wondering to myself why I agreed to this. I'm half cat and he's gunna find out soon. Why should I have the risk of becoming attached to him when he's gunna throw me out anyway? 

Not even five minutes later he came back and set down the stuff next to me. "So the bathroom is the first door on the left and if you need anything I'll be in my room okay?"

I nodded and he smiled before dying goodnight and going to his room. I bit my lip and grabbed the shirt and sweatpants before getting up and walking to the hall. I walked into the bathroom and stripped from my clothes, after shutting the door. I looked into the mirror and took off my beanie. My white ears perked up out of my dirty, messy, hair. I licked my lips and looked back at my tail. A tear ran down my face and I quickly wiped it away.

I sniffles quietly and got into the shower. After cleaning myself and just standing there thinking and appreciating the fact that I was taking a shower, I got out and quickly put on the baggy clothes and my beanie.

I put my dirty clothes in the basket before walking out to the living room. I sighed and layed down before pulling the two blankets over my body. I pulled my beanie down more on my head, before closing my eyes.

Hello.
I'm excited to start this story, and hope you guys are too. I'll update again tomorrow! Love you  all!
-Sharbear