Chapter 2

The next morning i didn't expect to wake up on a couch. i wasn't used to it. I was used to always waking up in that stupid and cold alleyway. But then as i sat up and walked around, i remembered meeting Ashton, and then he taking me to his house. In all honesty i wanted to leave.

Ashton was a nice person but, i didn't feel safe here. I never feel safe anywhere i go. But i decided to stay for one day. Tonight i will leave.

Ill leave before Ashton can find out what i am.

Just as I was done rubbing my eyes i was spooked by a little noise coming from, what i guessed was the kitchen. I swallowed and made sure my beanie was on my head before, i stood up and walked into the kitchen.

I let out a little relieved breath when i saw Ashton walking around the kitchen drinking coffee. I cleared my throat and he looked over at me and smiled.

“Well good morning!”

I sent him a small little smile back. “Morning…”

He sighed and wrote down a few things. I sat down on one of the stools and sighed. “So i guess ill leave later today.” He stopped what he was doing and looked at me.

“Why?”

I swallowed. “Ashton youre a nice person, but you dont need to take care of me. Ill be fine on the streets.”

“No you wont. Luke you could die on the streets. Or get raped or something. This town isnt a good place to live on the streets.”

I shrug. “Ive been fine on the streets for 8 years, im sure i can survive 8 more.”

Ashton looked at me sadly. “youve been on the streets for 8 years?” I swallow and nod. He sighs. “dont leave please. I promise ill be fine paying for a few things for you. Just stay please.”

I sigh and look down. “Fine but only for one month.”

And hell that was an interesting month.

Sorry this chapter is a little short...
-Sharbear