True Friends

"...What?" Erin had just explained to Blanca everything she had told her friends.

"I went inside The Outsiders. I am the Erin in the book. I was stabbed. I have the pictures to prove it."

"Erin...I don't think-"

"Please, Blanca! You're my last hope! No one else believes me!" She was beginning, pleading. They were both sitting on Blanca's bed. Erin had begged her Mom to let her come to Blanca's house just so she could explain all this to her. "Do you not remember watching the movie with me?"

"Of course I do. You said it was weird that that girl had the same name as you. And at one point I told you you've seen the movie too many times because you kept quoting it." That last part was true, Erin did quote the movie like crazy, but the first part never happened.

"No I didn't! I never said that! Do you not remember Johnny dying from the fire? He broke his back! He died from it and sever burns. Then Dally died because, and I quote, 'Johnny was the only thing Dally ever loved. And now Johnny's gone.' Do you not remember?"

Blanca stared blankly at her, like she was in a trance. "I-I do remember. I remember it all. Ponyboy passing out right after Dally died. B-But how were you a-able to...why didn't I remember?"

"I don't know. I've always wanted to go, and I guess I got my wish. But golly, I didn't want to come back. Johnny didn't even tell me who he..." She trailed off, not knowing whether she should tell Blanca or not. But instead, Erin said, "I couldn't hear him. I could hear Ponyboy saying the first words of the book before I passed out."

"What was Johnny going to tell you? That he likes you?" Blanca smiled at her.

"No. I doubt he likes me, but then again I don't know. He was going to tell me who he likes. He said she has green eyes. He was trying to tell me more before I passed out."

"You have green eyes. Why would he tell you who he likes if he didn't like you. And he calls you Angel. He has to like you." Blanca stated matter-of-factly.

"That's weird. How you know all that and you haven't read the book or seen the movie. At least of that version. It's like everyone's memories are changed. If they've read the book or seen the movie that's what they remember."

"I want to watch the movie now. To see what happens," Blanca said, getting up and grabbing the movie from one of her shelves. She grabbed the book too, flipping it open. "Hey, what chapter do they go to the church in? You know the book like the back of your hand."

"Five. It should still be there since I didn't change it that much then. And I did know that look like Steve knows cars, but I don't really now."

"Oh please, you went inside the book. You know it better than anyone." Blanca paused. She stared at the book and smiled before looking back up at Erin. "Are you planning on going back?"

"Oh course. I have to see them again. I need to see Johnny."

"You really like him, huh?" Erin smiled and nodded. "If you go, can I come with you? I want to meet Sodapop."

"If I can even go back. I have no clue how I got there." This has been on Erin's mind since she got back. How can she back? She has no clue how she got there in the first place.

"You'll figure it out. Now come on, let's go watch the movie." They walked out of Blanca's room and into the living room. When they got into the hallway, they were met with Blanca's brother, his friend, and little sister.

"Get 'em!" Her brother, Dylan, said. They all shot them with Nerf guns. The girls screamed but were laughing at the same time.

"Dylan! Cassidy! Stop it!" Blanca yelled. They all stopped but were laughing.

"You should have seen your faces!" Bryson, Dylan's friend, yelled. "Priceless!"

"Ha ha. Now can you be quiet, or go somewhere else, we are going to watch a movie." Blanca huffed, brushing her her out of her face and adjusting her glasses. She had short black hair with pretty blonde highlights.

"Ooh what are you watching?" Cassidy piped up. She grabbed the movie from Blanca's hands. "Yay! The Outsiders!" She jumped up onto the couch next to Erin. Cassidy loves The Outsiders just like Erin and Blanca. Cassidy looked like Blanca in the face. Her hair was long light brown.

"That again. Gosh that's all I hear out of you girls," Dylan complained before walking into this room with Bryson. Erin giggled, she loves the Keller's family.

The girls just shook their heads before starting the movie. Erin watched the movie with a smile on her face. She missed the guys so much, and would do anything to be back in Tulsa.

"I still think it's weird she looks like you," Cassidy said.

Erin leaned over to Blanca. "Should I tell her?" She whispered.

Blanca nodded. "If she believes you. It took me awhile. You said it did with your friends too. Hopefully she does."

"True. I'm just glad you did. My friends at school didn't. I wish there was a to prove to them." Erin looked down before turning her attention to Cassidy. "Hey, Cassie, you wanna know something cool about this movie?"

"Yes!" She got really excited.

"That Erin girl...that's me. I changed the book." She wanted to make it simple and not sound too confusing. Also, Erin had explained this so many times that she was tired of it. "I went inside it and changed things. Do you remember the original? Where Johnny and Dally die? Well I saved Johnny from dying in the fire."

Cassidy just stared at her, not believing a word. "Yeah okay. Ha ha good one."

Erin looked back over to Blanca. She shrugged and said, "Don't worry about her. She's only 11. Besides, not everyone is able to see the truth I guess."

"Yeah, I guess," Erin sighed. Why wouldn't she believe me? What's the difference between her and Cassidy? Erin pulled herself out of her thoughts and focused on the movie. I'll make it back to you.

A/N Queen1sa I hope you like your character! I decided to put Winter_Flower1 and your brother in there too so I hope you don't mind.