Sorry That I Hurt You

Erin had a bit of a restless sleep for half the night. She finally just decided to get up, knowing it was useless to even try to sleep. She had too much on her mind. She got up and looked at herself in the mirror over her dresser.

She let out a small sigh. It hasn't even been 24 hours and she's already a wreck. Why didn't I let him apologize? Why didn't I let him talk? I'm stupid! Maybe things would be better now and not so...so dark.

Johnny was the one thing that brought happiness into her life. The one thing that brought light. Without that light everything is just dark. That darkness surrounded her when she went back to 2019. There was no light, no happiness there. Here everything is daylight.

"I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you
I don't wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you
I've been sleeping so long in a 20 year dark night
And now I see daylight
I only see daylight."

Erin sang Daylight quietly herself. Erin finally knew what that really felt like...now that she's lost the thing that bings her daylight again. Tears began to to stream down her face. She hated this pain. She hated heartbreak.

...

Erin finally fell asleep late in the night. When she woke up it was 9 o'clock and the house was loud. She's surprised she was even able to sleep that long without being woken up.

She stood up and walked out of her room. The delicious smell of bacon filled the hallway. She smiled and licked her lips. She didn't have dinner last night besides that ice cream. Once she got into the living room she spotted Johnny first. He was sitting on the couch next to Ponyboy. Now was the time she wished she couldn't point him out in room so easily.

"Did you sleep in that?" Cassidy asked. She was gesturing to the sweatshirt and sweatpants Erin was wearing.

"Not the sweatshirt," She stated before walking into the kitchen. She caught a glimpse of Blanca scolding her sister out of the corner of her eye. It almost made her laugh. She knew Cassidy didn't mean any harm by what she said. Erin knew she looked awful. She put her hair up in a messy bun last night, and, with all the tossing and turning, made it even messier.

Most people would probably say that Erin looked a wreck with her outfit, her messy hair, and no makeup, but to Johnny she was beautiful. She was always beautiful and Johnny wanted to tell her that. He just wished he could tell her without her avoiding him. He had no idea how he would even get a chance to talk to her if she stays locked up in her room all day and refuses to talk. All he wanted was to pour out his heart to her. To tell her how he really feels. To tell her that he loves her.

"Erin Marie Williams!" Rachel walked through the front door. "About time you got out of bed."

"Don't call me that," She griped. "I hate my middle name."

Rachel let out a little, evil laugh. "I know. That's why I called you by it."

Erin smiled, rolled her eyes, and shook her head. Rachel was always one for teasing, even when there was a problem at hand. Erin thinks it's her way of showing affection so she doesn't say anything.

"How come you don't like your middle name?" Sodapop asked.

"Because. I just don't. I always thought Marie was a common middle name. And it reminds me of something that you see in old movies or something."

"I think it's a beautiful name, Erin," Johnny spoke.

Erin looked down and was blushing. She was hoping no one saw. "T-Thanks."