chapter 20

Kendalls POV

I woke up on the couch, groaning as the bowl of popcorn that was on my stomach last night was now scattered on the floor. After the fight I told mum. Everything. She just let me cry in her arms, before she went to the shops and got me ice cream, popcorn and dvds. God I love her.

I cleaned up the mess I made and headed into my room. The time was already 2?. I shrugged it off and went into my bathroom, taking a shower. Heidi, Sawyer, Dave and I are meant to be going to the fair down the road today, but after last night there is no way I'm going with Sawyer. Why did he even care?

I got a call so without checking the ID I answered;

"Hello?"

"Hey Kendall" Josh's voice spoke. My posture got straighter and I stiffened. But then I smiled, knowing I don't have to fear him anymore.

"Hey Josh" I replied.

"Are you going to the fair today?" He asked me.

"I don't know" I said, running my hands down my face.

"I was meant to go with Sawyer, but I don't think so anymore." It felt weird telling him this.

"Well.. Do you- Do you wanna go with me? If not it's fine I can go with someo-"

"Yes, I'd like that." I told him.

He told me he would pick me up at seven. It was already two thirty, so I just took out homework and did that for a few hours.

After three hours, I was bored out of my mind. Seven O'clock couldn't come faster. After I realised I couldn't stand another second of this torture, I shoved it all away and cleaned my room. There were clothes everywhere, so I even dusted and sprayed.

The things you do to avoid studying.

My alarm beeped and I couldn't believe It was Six thirty already. I grabbed a pair of ripped skinny jeans, and a plain white singlet. I straightened my hair, then put it in a ponytail.

The doorbell rung and I ran downstairs before mum could answer it.

"Hello there" I said to him, with a smile.

"Hey kendall" He said, biting his lip.

I dropped my mouth at the view of the Fair once we arrived. This was my dream date, I love carnivals.

"what to first?" Josh asked, smiling.

Ten rides, Three stuffed ponies and two hotdogs later I was worn out. We took a seat at the grass area, looking up to the dark sky.

"Why would you forgive me so easy?" Josh asked. I turned to look at him and shrugged. "You were a mess, anyone with a heart would've done the same."
"But I was such a monster to you, how could you go through that?" He asked with a smile filled with pity.
"Not gonna say it was easy but I'm over it." I said lying.

He didn't believe me, that was obvious. But he let it go and stared at me.

"What?" I asked him, smiling.
"Can I..YA know.. Kiss you? He awkwardly said.

I giggled and nodded, heart hammering. This feels so odd, odd to be wanted. Odd to be thought of that way.

Josh leaned in, but pulled away suddenly and I opened my eyes to see Sawyer on top of him, Punching him. Josh wasn't fighting back, just deflecting the punches.

I ran over to sawyer and pushed him off with all my strength. He stood up and kept his eyes on josh, then jumped on top of him again. I screamed his name and managed to pry him off yet again and Sawyer didn't take his eyes off a hurt Josh. His eyes sending Josh constant glares. "What the fuck are you doing!" I yelled at him. He finally looked at me, tearing his angry eyes away from Josh. We had drawn a crowd, and I noticed Heidi and Dave were looking with wide eyes.

"What was I doing? What were you doing Kendall!" he screamed. I looked at him in disgust. "You're filth! He did nothing to you, nothing!" I screamed back, pushing Sawyer. His chest raised and fell in anger, and I stayed on the spot: not being able to move.

"He hurt you." He reminded me. I scoffed. "You haven't?." I knew my words stung, that was obvious by his expression but he's an asshole. He deserves it.

"Yeah, who cares though? As long as I sit on a park bench crying like an absolute pussy you'll forgive me. Isn't that right, kendall?" He asked me, testing me. I bit my lip and raised my eyebrows at him. If only I cared.

"Just leave me alone Sawyer." I whispered. There was a crowd around, phones out. All the attention made me nervous and I ducked my head down, feeling tears build up.

"You're crying?" He said with a laugh. I turned my head just enough so he could see me. I sent him the most hateful glare I could muster and sauntered off, leaving everyone there. Fuck. You. All.

I went to the parking lot and heard footsteps behind me. I turned, meeting baby blue eyes. Sawyer looked at me, breathing heavily.

"What?"I ask him.

"You seriously can't tell can you?" He said, coming closer to me.

He grabbed my face and kissed me, and I shoved him off as soon as his lips touched mine.

"What the hell!?" I screamed at him. "I'm not a slut!" I added.

"Kissing people doesn't make you a slut, Kendall." He told me.

"I know, but I'm not the kinda girl that goes around kissing a heap of guys!" I screamed in his face.

I heard running and looked over his shoulder to see Josh.

"Are you alright?" Josh asked me. I nodded, maintaining eye contact with Sawyer who was doing the same.

"Let's go" I said to Josh. Giving Sawyer one last glance before sauntering off.