chapter 21

Kendalls POV

After Josh dropped me off, I walked to the park; remembering how it felt that night Lachlan came to pick me up. I sat on the park bench and all of the memories from here came rushing back in waves.

I remember coming here at the age of ten, with my first boyfriend Paul. He was sweet, but he moved away to Canada. We still stay in touch. Then at the age of fourteen, when me and Dave went here and he stole my first kiss. I sighed at the memory but they all kept coming. The whole night with Lachlan replayed in my head, and I remembered how lucky I felt. Lastly, I remember Josh and I's conversation. I looked across the road at where sawyers car was parked that night and I felt myself crying.

Soon I couldn't help myself, tears rushed out of me. I dialled Heidis number and asked if she could come, after hearing me crying she didn't waste a second before driving over here.

"Kendall? What's wrong?!" she whisper-yelled. Did she fly here or something? She took less then a minute!.

"I-I just want everything to be ok. How it was years ago." I whimpered out. She hugged me and asked;

"Is it Sawyer?"

The question made me sob more but I know the topic has to be talked about.

"I don't know frankly. I mean I still love Josh, I think. He's showing me he has changed. We have a past. Me and Sawyer don't, he didn't notice me when I was suffering and wanted to die everyday, did he?" I said, sobbing.

"Well, you tried to be invisible Kendall. You can't blame people for not noticing you." She reasoned.

"I know, that's why this is so hard! I don't know whether to forgive josh or follow my feelings for sawy-" I cut myself off, realising what I just said.

"What did you just say?" Heidi said.

"I don't know" I whispered to myself.

"Just give it time Kendall, I promise you things will unravel themselves. But, If it were me I would let Josh go and find someone else. If he really loved you, he wouldn't have ever started those drugs. And he would have finished earlier." She said to me.

I nodded my head and added "Plus he needs to meet more people, experience other people first, I guess."

"That's my girl" She said with a smile. I smiled back at her and hugged her.

"So.. what should I do?"

"What do you want to do?" She answered with a smile, already knowing the answer.

"Well I want to try and make up with Sawyer. But how?"

"Make up? What did you do?" She asked.

"Well, I pushed him off when he tried to kiss me. I mean he just went and attacked Josh?" I told her.

"He'll get over it, babe. How about you invite him to the movies or something?" She told me.

"Okay. But you can't really talk in a cinema." I joked.

"I don't think you guys will end up talking anyway" She said with a wink. I blushed at her gesture and hit her shoulder.

"Ew!" I said, sarcastically of course.

"You want to, don't deny it!" She said.

"Just say goodbye!" I yelled back at her, laughing.

"In your dreams!" she said.

I laughed and dialled Sawyers number on my phone, making my way back home.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Hey Sawyer." I said, my pulse increasing.

"Kendall?" He asked surpised. "The one and only" I replied with a laugh. "What do you want?" He asked. His calm breathing being heard. "Calm down with the hostilaty." I said with a chuckle at the end. "Anyway, I called because I was wondering if you wanted to go the movies with me?" I asked. I got nervous and my palms got sweaty. Before I could set myself up to get rejected I quickly added "with Heidi. And my sister." Really? Not only did I add Heidi. But the girl I despise the most?
"Um, alright. I'm bringing Matt though." He said uncomfortably. I took it as the best I'll get and let out a sighs

At least I didn't get rejected?