Inseparable

I threw a dark blue jean on and pulled a sweat shirt over my bun. I already knew I looked like death and my breath probably smelled terrible but I didn't care. Nothing mattered right now but Katie and I prayed to God every second that she was okay.

I received a text from Pat saying he was outside so I grabbed my key and made my way into the early morning Atlanta air. Fear made anything feel colder than it really was. When I got closer to the car, I already knew it was not going to be just Pat and I. I saw Brya in the passenger seat talking to Pat about something. When I finally got to the car window I tapped it and both of them jumped. I heard the lock signaling me to come in.

Brya turned around and looked at me.

"I'm sure they are okay. Don't stress it." She said probably seeing the worry all over my face.

I didn't respond and was not in the mood to talk to anyone. I just wanted to see Katie and make sure she was okay. I looked up from my phone and saw Pat looking at me from the mirror.

Once we got to the hospital I ran in and to the front desk.

"I'm looking for Kaitlyn Thompson. She was brought in almost an hour ago." I said in a rush to see her.

"What's your relationship to her?" The lady said looking at the list of names.

"I live with her, she's practically my sister." I said not in the mood for a list of questions.

"Okay, sign in and step over where the line is so I can take your picture for your pass." She said obviously seeing my desperation.

After giving me my pass I rushed to the emergency room unit and looked for room 381. Once I got there I almost forgot that Patrick and Brya came to the hospital with me.

"What took you so long you whore?" She said like the natural asshole she could be.

"I don't see what you find funny? What the hell happened?" I said making my way into the room.

"I guess Kelly drank too much and we went for a ride and now we are here." She said as the doctor finished stitching up the side of her face.

He gave me quick nod and made his way out of the room to give us some privacy.

"You really did scare the absolute shit out of me Katie! Ugh!" I said while planting my butt in the seat next to her bed.

She touched the bruise on her right shoulder.

"I really like him." She said and became silent.

He almost killed you, I silently thought to myself.

"How is he doing?" I asked not sure if she knew.

She looked saddened as if it were her fault.

"I'm not sure but I want to see him." She said laying down staring at the ceiling.

"Everything about him is magical. His smile. The way he questions the little

things that happen in life. He's wise beyond his years." She said with her eyes close.

She was falling for him.

I heard a knock and we both turned and looked. It was Patrick and Brya along with Kelly.

He rushed to Katie's side apologizing sincerely. Her face lit up when she saw him and knew he was okay.

"Didn't anybody tell you guys that drinking and operating a motorized vehicle is dangerous?" Brya said obviously annoyed.

I don't blame her. This all could've been avoided if they had been more mindful. I got up and let out a big stretch. The fear had far left my body and I was ready to go back to bed.