Long Awaited

Brief: sorry this took so long guys.. Busy with school and work and now finals. Here's a little something (:

......

After Pat left the room, I sat on my bed looking at the picture of Kaloub and I on the desk. Pain and guilt were running currents all throughout my body. What did I just do? How could I let someone I just met touch me like that? Most importantly, how could I let someone make me feel something so incredible that it was unnamable? I hated what I had just done but I knew if I had the opportunity to take it, I would do it again. Over and over again.

I got up and got dressed. I put on a thick pair of gray tights, a black long sleeved semi-thick shirt, a white jacket, and black boots. My hair was still wet from the shower so I put some mousse and coconut oil in it and left it loose and curly.

I made my way downstairs dreading as well as anticipating the sight of Patrick. I spot him outside on the phone, most likely with Brya. From his body language I could tell he felt guilty for what happened back there. Seeing that made me realize how truly wrong I was and I decided to keep our relationship as strictly friend based as possible. I shot Kaloub a text saying that I'm sorry for being distant and that I missed him and couldn't wait to see him.

I grabbed my keys from the kitchen counter and made my way outside locking the door behind me.

Patrick, now off of the phone, turned to me and looked at me sympathetically.

"Ready to walk?" He said blandly.

I nodded, choked by my own words.

We walked in silence for about 15 minutes. When we got to the park, he sighed and then stopped.

"I am really sorry." He said shaking his head.

His hands were in his pockets and his cheeks red from the cold weather and maybe from the embarrassing mistake.

"Don't be. It's my fault. I should've just gotten dressed in the bathroom. We can just forget about it." I said trying to fake a smile.

I knew it was a mistake but I hated knowing that he felt it was a mistake too. Deep down, part of me wanted him to like me.

The biggest smile appeared on his face.

"Jules." He said grabbing my hand.

I just looked at him. I felt lost and confused.

"The sun hitting your face at that angle makes you look amazing. I wish I had my camera to take a picture." He said smiling.

How could he forget so easily?

I forced a smile.

"Thanks Pat." I said squeezing his hand back before pulling away.

Part of me wished this entire day was just a dream.

I turned around and looked at the setting sun. The sky was absolutely breathtaking. The hues of orange, red, yellow across the blue and white sky made me calm for that moment. Patrick came up closer behind me and put his chin on my shoulder.

"Meeting you wasn't a mistake Jules. I just haven't figured out why. You remind me of the sky. Predictable." He said chucking.

I frowned.

"Predictable but breathtaking and unique. The sun sets everyday but it's never the same. There's something else very important about it to." He said whispering in my ear.

I smiled.

"What?" I asked.

"It never ceases to amaze me." He said.