Sweet Tooth & Cavities

Katie was having fun playing with Jayden and talking to Dustin about starting his career again. Loissa was smiling but I could tell right away that it was false. Katie was just a friendly person but she didn't know that. Katie was beautiful. Long blonde hair, ocean blue eyes, tanned skin, and deep pink lips. Her smile was warming and welcoming. These characteristics just made her a natural flirt.

I looked down at my phone and realized it was already after 12 midnight and Kaloub had yet respond back to my "I made it babe" text. It was starting to annoy me that he wasn't the least bit concerned enough to call me and make sure I made it. Something must have come across my face because Patrick approached me with a concerned look.

"You okay?" He said.

I put on a fake half smile and nodded.

I could see Brya peeking over at him and I was not trying to get in between them.

I looked back down at my phone so he would catch the hint and go away. Instead, he took out a soft mint and placed it on the empty chair beside me. I smiled and he walked away. I could feel Brya gaze at me. I could feel it burning through the top of my head so I refused to look up unless I was spoken to.

I was playing 2048 on my iPhone when I heard Patrick let out a sigh.

"What's your problem now?" He whispered.

"Nothing, I'm fine" Brya whispered back.

Obviously she was angry.

"You're giving me an attitude Bry" he said frustrated.

"What did you give her?" She said annoyed.

"Her name is Julie and she seemed upset so I gave her a mint. No big deal." He said still whispering obviously trying not to make me hear their conversation.

"Yeah ok. I'm tired, I'm just gonna go home" Brya said and I heard her get up.

I shifted position and looked up to check on Katie so I wouldn't look like I overheard the conversation.

"Goodnight everybody, see you later" she said while she grabbed her stuff and walked towards the front door.

Avoiding her gaze didn't last for long and we made eye contact for what felt like an hour before she was out the door.

I looked back at Patrick who was standing there texting someone, most likely his angry girlfriend. He looked so unhappy. We had something in common.

I haven't been here for 24 hours and I've already made an enemy.

"Agh, it's getting late" Jim said letting out a mighty yawn. "You guys ready to head back to your new apartment? From the address you gave me, it's only 15 minutes from here."

"Yea, I'm beat. I'll go wait by the car Jules. Goodnight everybody" Katie said getting up and she said bye to everyone.

I could see Dustin stare as she walked away. He was falling for the Kate charm that all guys fall for. I just hoped Kate was completely unaware of her charm this time and was not foolish enough to mess with some with a girlfriend and a child.

I got up, grabbed the mint, and said goodnight to everyone. I passed the kitchen and waved at Bryan and Ahrielle but they were too busy with each other. There was so much love between them. I could feel it in the way he kissed her forehead and how she fell into the intensity of his touch. They were one. Feeling their love made me miss Kaloub even more and I forgot for a second how angry I was at him.

I went to open the door when I felt someone behind me. I turned around and saw Patrick. He was a little too close for comfort especially for someone I just met a few hours ago.