After Effects

Alyss's P_O_V

I was extremely surprised when I saw the room I would be moving into; it was so me, the wall's were painted black, with red roses everywhere, the bed had a black down comforter on it. there was a desk in the far corner that had a laptop and a stereo on it, and beside it was a book filled with my favorite books. there was another shelve with my favorite CD's on it, and in another corner of the room a rocking chair.

"um" I said, turning to Wally and Artemis, who stood at the doorway behind me. they were both smiling at me and I couldn't help but smiled back at them as I asked them a question. "from the look of this room, the two of you knew I would be moving in."

"we didn't know," Artemis told me, then she moved forward and wrapped her arms around me, making me feel safe, wanted and secure, "but we hoped, your family Alyss, and we've loved you since the moment we met you, as far as I'm concerned, your my daughter."

"thank you, both of you." I said as I looked from one to the other, "I love you both, and I'm so glad that I can call you my parents."

"hey angel," uncle Berry said as he zoomed into the room, he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me to his chest, I hugged him back, smiling at the nickname that was the exact opposite of me, "it's about time you moved in with these two, I've wanted to finally be able to call you my niece, but I had to wait until you truly joined the family."

"thanks Uncle Berry," I said, and then I looked over his shoulder at Dad and I smiled at him, a smile that he knew and returned, and as soon as my Uncle started to release me, I jumped him and pinned him to the floor as Dad and I started tickling him. the laughing seemed to have woke the boys, and they came running into the room, as soon as they saw Berry on the floor, they smiled and joined us, but the quickly sided with Uncle Barry. James attacked me, and Allen attacked Dad, soon all of us were on the ground laughing.

"alright, break if up before you wake up Iris," Mom ordered, and we all instantly stopped laughing as we turned to Mom, she still stood in the door way, hands on her hips as she gave us all disapproving looks, but then she smiled and turned her attention towards the boys. "James, Allen, you two should be in bed, say good night to your Father and Uncle, and get going."

the boys were only two, but they had already learned that you don't disobey Mom, and so the quickly kissed both Dad and Uncle Berry and took off back to their room, then the three adults and myself went downstairs and to the kitchen, where we got cups of coffee for the adults, and a cup of hot coco for myself.

"so Alyss," my Uncle said, and we all turned to him in time to see him wagging his eye brows at me, "what do you think of Will?"

"Uncle." I said as I blushed a deep crimson, and my Uncle laughed while my mom and dad both looked at me in confusion, before seeing my room, I had explained everything, from putting Will in the coma to waking the three men up in the Tower. I had not however, told them that Will was extremely hot and that I found him attractive, I had hoped my Uncle wouldn't notice, but unfortunately it seemed that he had.

"Alyss," my father said with a raised eyebrow, "is this the same Will you told us about? Batman's little brother?"

"Yes." I told them, knowing that I couldn't go wrong with one word answers.

"are you going to ans..." my Uncle was cut off as Dad's phone began to ring, it was the one that only the members of his old team had the number too, and they only called if there was an emergency.

"hello?" Dad said as he quickly answered the phone, "Conner, what's wrong?...what?...no, we're on our way." Dad hung up the phone and turned to us, I could see the worry in his eyes. "Alyss, Uncle, can you two watch the children, Artemis and I are needed."