Auditions

~~~~
Jesy's POV
~~~~
The day has come. It's finally the day of the auditions for the talent show. And I'm very nervous. I'm nervous because I always keep thinking that I mess something up and let the other girls down. We started getting ready at about 8 A.M. And the auditios start at 1 P.M. Yeah, I think we wanted to look our best. We got ready a half hour before the auditions and got there just in time.

"Welcome students to another year of our talent show. This year we also have a lot of different acts and I wish the best of luck to all of them because after this only ten acts will stay." The principal said. "Let the talent show begin!"

There were a lot of very different acts and a lot of them were really good. I just got more nervous as it was almost our turn. Gigi soon had her turn. She sang 'Dance With Somebody' by Whitney Houston. And honestly she was kinda better than I had imagined. And Selena sang one of her original songs. It's called 'Love You Like A Love Song'. And then it happened there was no one else left backstage. It was only us. The principal came onto the stage one last time.

"And last but not least, we have a group called 'Little Mix'! Let'sgive them a big applause!" She said as we got the cue to go up on the stage. The judges were the three music teachers on the campus. Mrs. Jenkins, mr. Smith and mrs. Moore. We all awkwardly said hi and the judges greeted us.

"What are your names? And which year are you now and what are you going to sing?" Mrs. Moore asked us. Leigh spoke up.

"Well, I'm Leigh-Anne, this is Jade, Jesy and Perrie." She said as she pointed to each of us. "We're sophmores. A-And we're going to sing an original song that Jesy wrote. It's called 'Told You So' and it's about our friendship. Hope you enjoy!" Leigh said with an awkward smile at the end. And then the music started and we got ready.

"Da dum, da duum
Be honest how are you feelin' girlfriend..." I started singing and I just forgot about the world around me. I only saw my bestfriends and my girlfriend. Then it was Jade's turn.

"He's never gonna love you like we do
But please, he's never gonna find no one like you, ah" She sang and I could tell all of us were feeling every second of it. Then Leigh's and Perrie's parts came. And after that the brigde were Perrie showed her vocals. And in the last chorus the rest of us. And then the song finished and honestly, I was sad that it did because we were in our own world. There was just silence after our preformance. At that moment we looked at each other and thought: We fucked up. But then soon everyone started loudly clapping and I found Gigi in the crowd. The wasn't clapping, obviously. She crossed her hands in front of her chest and had a big frown on her face. And then mr. Smith spoke up.

"Wow girls. That was one of the best auditions and definitely a perfect way to end the day. None of us were clapping because we were in such a trance. That was out of this world. And all of you can sing. There isn't a lead singer. Wow. Just wow." He said and we all smiled. And the other judges gave us almost the same comments. I am proud of these girls and myself. We made it here with a lot of hesitation and hard work, but in the end we did deserve it.

And then we got off the stage and went to the campfire and just hung out for a while until the 10 finalists are decided. The four of us were just drinking our wine and then Selena aproached us.

"That was great girls! You'll definitely make it to the finals, and probably you could win this too." She said happily and we thanked her.

"Well, you weren't bad yourself. You could also end up in the finals." Jade said playfully. "Come drink with us for a bit." Jade suggested and she took a glass of wine. And finally at 11 P.M. they called us to the stage. None of us were too drunk because we knew we'll still have to go on stage. And then they started announcing the winners. They announced four boys before us, one boyband and four girls including Selena. So there was only one space left. I thought we really didn't make it. And then mrs. Moore started talking.

"And we saved the best for last. Last we got... cue the drumroll... Little Mix!" She said and we started screaming and jumping around. And when we got off the stage we a jumped at Selena and we were all cheering and hugging. It was a mess. A hot mess.

And then we just went drinking and got drunk the finalists didn't have to go to class the whole week because we 'had to prepare' for the finals on saturday. That was great. I'm just so happy right now. Everything is working out in life.

I'm so sorry for not updating, but I've had the biggest writer's block of all time. But I'm slowly returning. Thank you for all the support you've given me and this story.💚