twenty five

/CHAEYOUNG/

FLASHBACK

It was like starting off brand new, with all the new unfamiliar faces I could perceive and different thoughts I could faintly hear from each of them. A fresh, new air I could breathe in, the light hustle of wind kissing my cheeks as a greeting manner.

I gave the first genuine smile of today.

"Someone's excited," I heard the familiar husky voice chuckling beside me. Turning around, I captured her golden orbs with mine and grin at her.

"And that someone is me," I stated proudly, averting my gaze towards the green park with path walk leading to the main building.

Lisa walked by my side, her hands shoved deep inside the pocket of her trousers. It was my first day of college, and I couldn't even decipher how much happiness I held within my heart.

If it wasn't for Lisa who had fought her way through Dad's complicated and stubborn logic for this idea, I wouldn't even be here in the first place. Therefore, I was so thankful for having her in my life. Especially, as the best sister anyone could ask for; someone who put her sister's happiness on top of her own.

I couldn't thank her enough, but I promised myself I would make her happy, too.

"Promise me you'll take care," Lisa said sternly, blocking my way from stepping further onto the stone pathway.

"I will," I smiled reassuring her. "You worry too much, Lalisa."

Lisa sighed, something flashed in her eyes that clearly displayed worry which I thought a little bit too much.

"Chaeng, it's not like that," Another sigh escaped her lips. "It's just, I don't want—"

"Lisa," I put both my hand on her shoulder which stopped her immediately. "Do you trust me?"

"Of course," Lisa answered without missing a bit.

"Then you have nothing to worry about,"

"Will you be okay? I'm not gonna be here," Lisa stepped further and glanced nervously to the sides.

"I'll be okay, you're here," I said, pointing to my chest with a grin on my face.

"Alright, enough of this cheesy shit," Lisa laughed out loud and put on her sunglasses—which I didn't even realize she had all this time. "Go, then, Chipmunk. I'll pick you up after, just call me when you're done, okay?"

"Will do," I said, planting a kiss on her cheek and turned on my heels to finally start off new in the YG University of Busan.

What a coincidence.

The class was full of people, but a certain blue hair and brown orbs caught my eyes just instantly. He was sitting about two rows from the back of the class, his eyes widened in surprise as our eyes made a contact.

Suddenly, old memories and feelings came down crashing onto me, washing off my confidence and mindset of starting off brand new.

Out of all the places in the world, my family had chosen Busan. And out of all the people I could possibly meet today, the first day I'm enrolled as a new student at the YG University, why should it be him?