𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞; 𝐎𝐨𝐩𝐬

School finished four hours ago, and I was currently on my shift in 'Debbie's Shakes'. Fixing my name tag which was slightly crooked, I put my hair up in a ponytail before rolling in my roller skates to my next client.

"Hello, my name is Ophelia and I'll be your server for the day." I smiled, not thinking to glance up until I took my notepad out with my black pen. Once I did my eyes widen in horror.

'You've got to be kidding me.'

There sat none other than Flash himself with his buddies— more like minions. They did everything Flash ordered them to do. Let me correct that then, his peasants.

"Ah, if it isn't Ophelia Hills," Flash smirked, "Not a surprise to see you in a place like this." He mocks and I chuckle, "You shouldn't be talking, Flash." I sent him the bitchiest smile I had, while impatiently tapping my right foot against the floor.

"What would you like?" I asked trying to control myself from punching him. Flash and his friends began to laugh loudly at nothing since there was actually nothing funny happening before they turned to me, "How about..." Flash trailed, eyeing me up and down, glancing at my exposed legs, "You." He winked.

Scoffing, I shook my head, throwing him a flirty charming smile.

"I'll get your order." I winked, rolling off behind the counter and grabbing the biggest cup, to fill it with chocolate shake, putting some hot spicy sauce in it, and putting a straw in the center.

'Perfect!' I beamed, grabbing the milkshake and going back to the table Flash and his friends were, I sweetly smile at Flash who threw me another wink and smirked, "My Princess is back." He cheered.

Lifting the milkshake in front of him, I offered it to him, "I made it just for you. It's on the house." I smile innocently, fluttering my eyes at him and faking a flirty look. Of course he fell for it, he was a moron and too in love with his pride.

Rolling off to another table, I checked if everything was okay before going to another table.

I mentally laugh when I saw him from the corner of my eyes gulp the shake down, only for him to spit it all over the table and hissed in pain. Putting his tongue out, he began fanning his tongue as his face turned all red from the spice of the hot sauce.

Taking my phone out from my pocket, I took a quick video of this and devilishly smirked whilst making my way over, "Oops, sweetie, I forgot to mention it had a special spice in it." I winked before gasping exaggeratedly, "Don't tell me you can't handle a bit of spice, ey?" Grabbing the empty cup whilst shaking my head to the side, I sighed— as if disappointed but in reality I was cheering in my mind.

'Flash 0, Ophelia 1'

I rolled away from the table ignoring the loud noises they were making. Throwing the cup in a near trash, I took my apron off and went to the changing room.
Grabbing my bag and things, I headed out the small place and made my way home.

It was almost seven o'clock when I arrived back home from a thirty minute walk from my workplace.

Closing the door behind me, the first thing I noticed was the amazing aroma filling the house. Inhaling the sweet smell, I went to the kitchen to see both of my parents and brother in the dinning table eating dinner.

Taking a plate, I served myself a good amount of pasta and went to the table, sitting next to my brother who stuck his tongue out at me, sticking my tongue back at him I pinched one of his cheeks before beginning to eat my food.

"How was work today?" My mom asks me with a kind greeting smile, glancing at her I nodded, "It was good, I guess." I shrugged my shoulders.

My father then spoke, "The school called today. They wanted to know if you were interested in taking an extra spot to an upcoming trip to Washington?"

'Oh, right.' I forgot about that.

"Um, I don't know. I don't think my friends are going and I-"

"That's absurd!" My father angrily slammed the table, "Because of some fellow friends you'll be missing an opportunity? Do you hear yourself?" He bitterly spoke to me and I stopped eating, glancing at the table whilst listening to my dad.

"Sorry." I apologized, "I will go, if it's no problem." I agreed with my father who nodded at my decision. My mother on the other hand, glared at my father and scoffed, "I think she's old enough to make her own decisions, Dan. Don't you ever shout at our daughter for some silly trip!" She lectured dad who immediately got scared by mom.

I don't blame him. Mom was scary when she was angry. And I guess I could agree on both sides. My dad was right saying that I shouldn't miss any opportunities and my mom was right with me making my own decisions.

"I will be upstairs if you need me." Excusing myself, I went up to my room, shutting the door behind me while beginning to strip down. Walking to my bathroom in all my glory, I turned the shower on and stepped in once it was warm enough.

The warm drops of water hit against my cold skin, rapidly causing it to get warm. Moaning in delight at the feeling, I shut my eyes and let the water consumed me.