𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞; 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

🕷

🕷

Ned and Peter are talking whilst walking down the hallways of Midtown High, school was almost over and for the past month, a lot had changed.

"I just can't believe you declined that offer! Peter you would be living with the Avengers right now, you did know that, right?" Ned asks in disbelief.

Peter smiles genuinely, "Yeah, I know but it just didn't feel right."

Ned rolls his eyes at his friend, shaking his head in disapproval, "What do you mean? Are you even listening to yourself? Peter, wasn't that your goal? Your dreams?! What-"

The young brunette had stopped listening to his friend's speech, fading his voice to the background as his eyes look forward, seeing her.

It felt almost like pull. As he watched her from a far, in a daze-like-trance.

He stared at the brunette who began to laugh at something her friend said. Her dimples showing, her eyes squinting and her cheeks flashing a soft pink colored. Everything about her was breathtakingly beautiful.

He just couldn't believe how he didn't notice this before. I guess it's true when they say how sometimes that the thing you are searching for could be right in front of you. All this time, she was right there. Under his nose.

Yet, he was too naive and blind to see that.

His heart skipped a beat as their eyes met, it was as if time slowed down for him. And he couldn't look away, too intrigued by the sight. He promised himself to become whatever she needs him to be, whether that's a protector, or a lover, or a friend.

Anything.

Just to be near her.

"Peter!"

He broke from the trance and looked to his side, seeing his friend waving a hand at him in front of him.

"Dude! Have you been listening to me?" Ned whines, already knowing that Peter was clearly not listening to anything he has been talking about for the past few minutes.

"Sorry." But he wasn't.

Taking one last glimpse over where she stood, he couldn't help but smile in an adoration way. His focus had been on her only...

Ophelia Hills.