𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧; 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐀 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

🕷

🕷

Ten days.

More than fifty texts sent and delivered.

None with a reply.

Ophelia glared at her phone, throwing it across her bed. Deciding to stop texting. It was pointless really.

He wouldn't answer her texts! And that frustrated Ophelia in a way she didn't know it was even possible.

He always replied back quick, yet this time he wasn't. And she would see him at school everyday— of course, he was a bit more distant but she still approached him. Not wanting to ruin their friendship because of some stupid misunderstanding.

"Fuck it." She growls, checking the time and realizing how late she was going to be if she didn't get ready now.

Bolting to her bathroom, she began getting dressed for the day.

🕷

"More to the right!"

"To the left!"

"No, more to the right! The right! Don't you know where's your right?!"

I look towards where the loud noises were coming from, recognizing the girl who kept shouting at the poor shy girl from our class.

"That sucks." I hear someone say, turning my attention to the voice I see Michelle there holding some boxes, "Can you give me a hand?" She asks me and I drop everything I was doing, grabbing a box from Michelle's hands.

"Ah, much better." She closes her eyes, relieved that she was now holding one box— a heavy one at that, but now it was much easier having only one to carry now.

"Where should we put them?" I ask her and Michelle motions me to follow her.

We've been here for the past two hours, decorating the huge room nonstop. The place was pretty crowded— at least twenty people were helping out.

Exiting the room, we went through the hallways of the school, they were empty and the only thing that echoed through were the sound of our feet.

"So, nothing new?" Michelle asks me.

"Nope." I reply, popping the 'p' out.

"Have you two confessed to each other?"

Coming to a halt, I was shocked by what she just said, "What?!"

Michelle shrugs her shoulders, "You and Parker, you two seemed pretty cozy at the bus."

I frown at what she says, "What do you mean?" I was confuse and didn't know what she meant.

She rolls her eyes at me and puts the box down, taking her phone out, a smirk appearing on her lips as she then shows me her phone screen.

It was a picture.

My eyes widen in horror when I notice the details from that picture.

It was us!

As in Peter and I sleeping together on each other.

"What the f-"

My words were cut off when a figure ran pass us— startling me and slightly hitting the box in process.

"Sorry!"

"Wow, there twinkle toes!" Michelle shouts to the figure and it turns around reveling Peter.

'Speaking of the devil.' I thought mentally rolling my eyes.

"Speaking of the devil." Michelle mutters under her breath.

"Ophelia?" Peter whispers, then smiles widely. He walks closer to me and I see Michelle from the corner of my eyes slowly taking steps back.

"I think I heard my name being called down," she points behind her, chuckling nervously, "there."

I scoff, sending her behind a dirty look.

"So..." Peter starts, putting his hands in his front pockets sending me a bright smile, "You won't guess what just happened!" He suddenly exclaims and I flinch at the sudden change of tone.

"Liz is going to the dance with me!" He spills out, "I confessed to her and she told me she already knew, and then I asked her to the dance and she said yes!" He grinned, glancing at me as he waited for a reaction.

Forcing a smile, I nodded, "That's great, P-Pete." Hearing my voice crack at the end, I quickly covered it with a cough and then looked away from Peter who's smile was slowly fading, "I have to go. I got things to do." I motion to the box and walk pass him, not wanting to see him anymore.

I could hear my own heart break. And feel my tears already starting to appear, my sight getting slightly blurred by them.

"Ophelia!" I hear him scream but I ignore him and keep on walking away, never looking back.

Peter Parker has broken my heart.

And I have now realized something.

I really, really like Peter Parker.