2. Say Something

She didn't seem to recognise him, as her eyes were still full of fear and her body trembling under the shade of his umbrella. The only thing they heard was loud noise of the thick drops of rain falling. She raised her quivering head again after few moments of silence, her eyes blankly looking at the umbrella he held for her. She seemed so lost and too shocked to accept someone being kind to her. He looked at her calmly, but he was slightly hurt that his friend didn't seem to recognise him. He kept asking her questions about her state but it seemed like she didn't hear anything but her body was stiff and alert with fear. After few moments, green light encircled them and they both were gone.

Charlene looked around confused and more frightened by the sudden change in location, but her body relaxed as she was in a warm place. She saw him not too far away kneeling down at her level but he maintained distance in order to not scare her more. She was sitting on the floor near a bed, her clothes still wet from the rain, she shivered a little.
He thought the best thing would be to give her more time and let her rest first so he held his urge to ask her questions even though he was too curious with concern. He sighed as he got up and arranged for a quick warm bath for her. He went outside the room and closed the door.
She laid on the floor and brought her knees close up to her chest, her body shuddered continuously as her teeth chattered uncontrollably. Hot tears fell from her eyes, as she heard the door click open. She tried hard not to make any sound but couldn't help her shivering and shaking. He came in with first aid kit in his hand and placed it on the bed. When she heard footsteps approaching, she applied all her force to get up and was trying to run but her body was weak to even allow her to stand or crawl. She panicked more when he held her by her arms,
"Calm down, Char.."
She cried hysterically at his touch and was squirming violently under his grip..
"Shhhh Shhhh "

"Charlene", he said in a stern voice..

She kept squirming and hitting his chest and tears spilled down her cheeks..
She slowed down when she saw green light emitting through him as his clothes changed slowly to green and gold armour..

Green and gold

.

Her lips parted in shock..

He kept looking at her with hope... She didn't look directly at him, her eyes were fixed on his armour.. Her big round eyes welled up with fresh tears but held the expression of shock. Loki didn't say or do anything. He was worried, he may scare her more and she might hurt her already battered body by moving more.
For what seemed like a good few minutes, he saw her move slightly.. Her eyes still glued to his chest, his armour..
She crawled a little, very slowly, and painfully, dragging her body towards him. His body stiffened while he was kneeling infront of her, carefully observing her.
Her one leg seemed to not move at all, as she dragged herself a little more with her other leg and her hands. He wanted to do something but he froze out of fear of scaring her again.
As she reached closer, he was stunned as she pressed her forehead on his chest. His blanked expression changed into a small painful smile, as he felt a single tear run down his cheek.

She remembered him..

He wanted to hug her but he didn't, knowing he may scare her again. He placed his hand on her head slowly and gently.. Careful not to scare her and alert to notice any change in her, but thankfully, she seemed to relax more. He noticed her head shivered from time to time under him and noticing how fragile state she was in, both physically and mentally, he dropped the idea of asking anything to her at the moment and focused on helping her to stay calm and tending to her injuries and discomfort. His finger tips unconsciously massaging her head in a soothing manner. His touch made her close her eyes instinctively.
After a few moments of silence, he looked down at her. He cupped her face with both hands and lifted her face.. He smiled slightly as he kissed her forehead and took hold of her upper arms and tried to make her sit against the wall. He frowned in concern as she winced at his touch while he may have accidently touched one of her bruises.
He looked carefully over her frail body to examine all the wounds on it. Remembering she couldn't move her leg earlier, his hand went near her left leg but she reflexively caught his midway using both of hers.