10. Protective

It was one of the meeting of all the Avengers, a discussion about their next mission. Loki was the least interested among them, as he felt it wasn't quite challenging for him and it didn't need much discussion. But Steve Rogers insisted on having a discussion and making a proper plan before their attack. He also explained how they will refrain from attacking or injuring anyone, until they are a serious threat..
Captain America, he huffed and rolled his eyes in annoyance..

Suddenly the weather turned bad and they heard thundering.. Everybody were startled by it and they all turned their heads towards Thor, who was sitting among them at the table..
"Thor, control yourself buddy.. We don't have to attack them now.. Just discussing.. ", Tony Stark stated casually, giving him a pat..

"What? Nooo.. ", he said with a deep chuckle..
"It isn't always me. Sometimes its just the weather.."
He munched on the biscuit and smiled widely at everyone, who seem to nod in understanding...

"But how do we know if its you or the weather?", Clint asked in a serious tone, still in deep thought..

"When you don't find anyone getting their ass kicked, its the weather", Thor winked and Loki rolled his eyes again..
They heard another thunder and the room fell quiet due to the roaring sound of it..
Loki's face turned serious as he looked out at the stormy sky..
The others were casually talking about how unexpected the weather was.. While Loki's thought wandered to Charlene.. Would she be okay, alone at home? Was she scared right now? Did she get another panic attack or a horrible flashback from her past? If she wasn't okay, will she call him on his phone?
He instinctively reached for his pocket, and felt the phone..
He knew very well, that she would never call him and will not use the phone.. She wasn't comfortable using it yet.. It was one of the trigger, he knew it..
His hand turned into tight fist, when he remembered what all happened with her in that house she was kept in.. It was terrible and shouldn't have happened to her, or to anyone..

His attention turned towards the group, and they all were discussing something about global warming and how its affecting everything..
He silently stood up and made his way towards the door,
"Hey, where are you going?", Tony asked, looking up at his direction..
"I figured the discussion about our next mission is done.. And I need to get some fresh air.. "
He went out without waiting for another moment..
Everyone continued with their conversation, except one.. She kept looking at the door, with worried look on her face, contemplating what worried the God of Mischief..

_____

Loki sat infront of the computer, he was working on a report to be submitted to the authorities.. He blinked, looking at the screen, his mind always wandered off to Charlene, ever since he found her and brought her home, but now it affected him more after knowing all the details about all that which happened to her.. It kept repeating in his mind, and he could only imagine how hard it was for her..
Will he ever be able to help her out of her fears and help her lead a normal life like before.. Can he really do this alone?

He was startled by someone's voice,
"Hey.. Is everything alright?", Wanda inquired..
Having similar abilities, Loki has been paired with her many times in different missions, so he was better acquainted with her than others. Even though they never talked too much, there were times when they had conversations regarding the different matters, usually work related..
Wanda was kind, and she actually stood up in defense for Loki, along with Thor when others really doubted his intentions and before it was proved that he was influenced by Thanos. She somehow seemed to know that Loki's mind was influenced..

Loki took a deep breath, relaxing his features and nodded..
"Yeah.. All good"
She looked at him for few moments, tilting her head slightly,
"I hope you know that you can talk if something is bothering you.."
Loki gave her a smile,
"I know.. I'll remember that when I'm bothered by anything.."
She patted his shoulder in a friendly manner..